ATTN: Phil, other gun experts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTN: Phil, other gun experts

i'm looking to buy my first rifle, i really want a colt made M-4. i've gone shooting with my uncles before, and have shot alot of stuff, but i just wanna know your inputs on a good rifle to start with.
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Get a Ruger 10/22 to start with. They are great learning guns and are very cheap to shoot. There is tons of after market for them so later on if you want to mod it you can. I have one and it is pretty accurate and I can shoot it all day with out worry as opposed to my AR-15 which cost a whole lot more to shoot.
    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by greenxj513 View Post
      i'm looking to buy my first rifle, i really want a colt made M-4. i've gone shooting with my uncles before, and have shot alot of stuff, but i just wanna know your inputs on a good rifle to start with.
      Wanna good start?

Get a hunting license and come back to me.

If you want an AR15, I have one for sale, just the lower though, you'll need a complete upper and a stock, receiver extension, buffer spring and follower.

I have a complete AR15 already, so I don't mind letting this one go. Also, since .223 isnt exactly cheap, I would get a .22, either a Ruger 10/22 or a Marlin model 60 if you want semi auto, bolt action try either a Savage or a Marlin .22.

It really comes down to what you want to shoot. No one buys just ONE gun. You'd have to be fucking nuts. Gotta have one of each action and caliber. I've become partial to Marlin Leveractions though there is still room in my safe for the 10/22s, my AR15 and Remington 700.

what kind of gun do YOU want?
      sigpic
      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

M4 are nice guns my buddy just picked one up in VT really nice gun but not cheap to fire 100 bucks for 100 rounds

also phil whats the average price of a glock 17?
        98 XJ 4.5 32inch cooper STT DC-1 black KC daylighters 4.10s

Its not just a jeep.

Comment

i want something that i can take to a range on the weekends and do some target shooting. i've enjoyed doing it in the past, and of all the guns i've shot before the M4 was my favorite, aside from the 45 glock, which i'm too young to own......

so yea basically its something that i like and am getting more interested in. i guess i just want something comfortable to shoot and affordable. even though i kno the .22 are the cheapest to shot, i love the look of the M4 and how comfortable it is to shoot.

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Originally posted by treadlightly5337 View Post

also phil whats the average price of a glock 17?
            I wouldn't know. Never went shopping for them or even contemplated buying one.

I don't retail at my shop, so I don't know prices on most things. I only see some wholesale prices and our dealer doesn't sell Glocks.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
              I wouldn't know. Never went shopping for them or even contemplated buying one.

I don't retail at my shop, so I don't know prices on most things. I only see some wholesale prices and our dealer doesn't sell Glocks.
              ok thanks
              98 XJ 4.5 32inch cooper STT DC-1 black KC daylighters 4.10s

Its not just a jeep.

Comment

i want something that i can take to a range on the weekends and do some target shooting. i've enjoyed doing it in the past, and of all the guns i've shot before the M4 was my favorite, aside from the 45 glock, which i'm too young to own......

so yea basically its something that i like and am getting more interested in. i guess i just want something comfortable to shoot and affordable. even though i kno the .22 are the cheapest to shot, i love the look of the M4 and how comfortable it is to shoot.
                Do you have a CT hunting License? It helps a lot to have one in CT if you arent old enough for a pistol permit.
                sigpic

Comment

was actually planning on going into K-5 saturday and seeing what i need to go about getting one.

ForSure Motorsports
                  Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

was actually planning on going into K-5 saturday and seeing what i need to go about getting one.
                    Don't bother going to K5. Just call up Wooster Mountain and ask when they hold Hunter Safety Seminars and when the next opening is. It is a 2 day course, Sat and sun, both 9 to 5 and sunday night you take a test. If you pass, you get your Safety Certificate in the mail. (I got a 96 and still remember the 2 fucking questions I missed. One of the guys that runs the course is a good customer of mine, Vince. He is a real nice guy.)

Anyway, Take that to town hall and get a Hunting License. With that, you can walk out of any store same day with any long gun of your choice after filling out the adequate paperwork and background check. Without it you'll be waiting 2 weeks.
                    sigpic

Comment

do you remember how much it cost for the course?

ForSure Motorsports
                      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

do you remember how much it cost for the course?

It isn't a lot, but I forgot exactly how much. I wouldn't worry about cost though, if you have a job, you can afford it.
                        sigpic

Comment

yeaa i have a job, but i also have a jeep that seems to require more and more money with every day that goes by

ForSure Motorsports
                          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

yeaa i have a job, but i also have a jeep that seems to require more and more money with every day that goes by
                            QUIT YER BITCHIN.

GET THE GODDAMN LICENSE.
                            sigpic

Comment

Fuck guns, soon i'll be going for my bow license and straight up crossbow all you niggas

right through your skull

Comment

Working...
                              X