a challenge to those with high hp cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
    He was trying to drive up a tree with low PSI. He was able to move the rim a quarter turn inside of the tire.
    I witnessed that first hand. It was cool.

Comment

it doesnt take much hp to do that

OLD RENIX POWA
      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

I might give it a go 'round thanksgiving in the xj, but I don't expect any results..
        -Matt
        Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
          i could probably manage that in the subie if i go rip on it on some dirt roads around here.

but i wont.
          DO IT YOU...wait.

uhh, okay, carry on then.

also, have any of you ever wondered why beadlocks are not DOT approved? its because tires are supposed to be able to slip on the rim.
          "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
          It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed View Post
            DO IT YOU...wait.

uhh, okay, carry on then.

also, have any of you ever wondered why beadlocks are not DOT approved? its because tires are supposed to be able to slip on the rim.
            plenty of beadlocks are dot approved

and it isnt illegal to run non dot wheels on the street

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419
              some people choose video games
              some choose projects
              some choose welding random things together

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                plenty of beadlocks are dot approved

and it isnt illegal to run non dot wheels on the street
                thats also true. i guess illegal isnt the right word. but theres always the argument you hear about.
                "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...

Comment

Fred you sure about that? That doesn't seem right to me. I'de try it on the Ninja but I can't get a hole shot, the pavement is too cold
                  I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                    Fred you sure about that? That doesn't seem right to me. I'de try it on the Ninja but I can't get a hole shot, the pavement is too cold
                    you sure u dont have a rim lock?

Comment

Not 100% but yeah, from what i was told thats the big issue with beadlocks. something about how they cause tires to prematurly fail at high speeds because theres no give or something.
                      I donno, dont quote me, but thats just what i heard. I would really be interested to know for sure what the real reason is that beadlocks are frowned upon.

theres nothing really solid out there it seems, just a bunch of hearsay.

also, Jon, I dont think that would work... for like a half dosen reasons haha
                      Last edited by HitItWithSomeSpeed; 11-19-2009, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                        you sure u dont have a rim lock?
                        No I dont think so, do you?

Comment

One of the arguements I've heard is that during an accident there is a possibility the tire could explode instead of blow off the bead.

But then again that would only happen on double beadlocks.

Comment

Not 100% but yeah, from what i was told thats the big issue with beadlocks. something about how they cause tires to prematurly fail at high speeds because theres no give or something.
                            I donno, dont quote me, but thats just what i heard. I would really be interested to know for sure what the real reason is that beadlocks are frowned upon.

theres nothing really solid out there it seems, just a bunch of hearsay.

also, Jon, I dont think that would work... for like a dosen reasons haha
                            Whies not fwed?

Comment

Too cold
                              too light
                              tighter tire beads
                              smaller contact patch
                              stiffer tire

...okay, so like 5

and it might be wet out there too.

so 6

Comment

phantom edit fix ftw

Comment

Working...
                                X