X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mighty Quine View Post
    BORKED

clutch - electric worry!!!!
    Oh man that is badass. Clutch is awesome.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I have to share the most epic shit I've ever seen last night in Left 4 Dead.

I was playing with 3 others in the level Dead Air on Expert and we made our way to the finale. On Expert, all zombies do between 10-30 damage with a single hit and take three times the amount of ammunition to kill then on Normal, so headshots are extremely preferable.

Anyway, It is me and my buddy Trav, the only two survivors left on the level and there is one last tank in our way before we can finish it. Well, the tank spawns and starts heading towards Trav. In a moment of selflessness, I unload two magazines from the M16 into the tank to divert its attention from Trav to me. When the Tank focuses its attention, I realize I'm only at like 30 health and the tank catches up to me and grinds my bones into the Pavement. While the Tank was crushing every bone in my pixelated body, Trav had time to heal and restock on ammo and run his ass off to the C130 in the lot.

The tank then walks through an oil fire and sets itself on fire, causing it to take a very slow amount of damage over time. All Trav had to do was simply Run and escape the tank until the fire on the tank finally killed it. Well after a few runs around the C130, A Hunter, Smoker and Boomer spawn. Trav quickly kills the Boomer, but the smoker shows up and grabs Trav with it's tongue. Everyone who is spectating thinks 'Oh man he's done for, we have to do this again', but we were proven very wrong.

The Hunter makes the mistake of Jumping on Trav and freeing him from the clutches of the Smoker but before the Hunter could do any damage, a slab of concrete lands right on the Hunter that has Trav pinned. The fucking Tank freed Trav from the grasp on the hunter and killed it at the same time. Trav gets up and blows the smoker away (who is just standing there) with 2 shots from the Benelli at point blank range and makes a mad dash to the truck.

He turns to find the tank, only to find that tank had finally perished from the fire. It's lifeless corpse laying there on the concrete like it had no other purpose. The C130s propellers start up and the rear hatch begins to open. Trav stands there, waiting for the hatch to open and a Boomer appears and regurgitates it's bile all over Trav. The C130 opens and Trav makes it into the plane while fending off 3 hordes of Zombies. Plane takes off. Mission Accomplished. 'What are you Trying to Prove' pops up.

This all happened in about a minute. I was amazed. Trav had no idea what the fuck happened. I had to explain to him what the smoker, hunter and tank had done. He was speechless and some other guy in the room informed us that he just lost $10 to his brother.

I checked the time, it was about 4:00 AM. Time for bed. So. Fucking. Epic.

Well, reading it is probably pretty boring, I wish it was recorded somehow...definitely the most insane thing I've ever seen in this game.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Quine View Post
        BORKED

clutch - electric worry!!!!
        clutch is one of my fav. bands
        "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
          I have to share the most epic shit I've ever seen last night in Left 4 Dead.

I was playing with 3 others in the level Dead Air on Expert and we made our way to the finale. On Expert, all zombies do between 10-30 damage with a single hit and take three times the amount of ammunition to kill then on Normal, so headshots are extremely preferable.

Anyway, It is me and my buddy Trav, the only two survivors left on the level and there is one last tank in our way before we can finish it. Well, the tank spawns and starts heading towards Trav. In a moment of selflessness, I unload two magazines from the M16 into the tank to divert its attention from Trav to me. When the Tank focuses its attention, I realize I'm only at like 30 health and the tank catches up to me and grinds my bones into the Pavement. While the Tank was crushing every bone in my pixelated body, Trav had time to heal and restock on ammo and run his ass off to the C130 in the lot.

The tank then walks through an oil fire and sets itself on fire, causing it to take a very slow amount of damage over time. All Trav had to do was simply Run and escape the tank until the fire on the tank finally killed it. Well after a few runs around the C130, A Hunter, Smoker and Boomer spawn. Trav quickly kills the Boomer, but the smoker shows up and grabs Trav with it's tongue. Everyone who is spectating thinks 'Oh man he's done for, we have to do this again', but we were proven very wrong.

The Hunter makes the mistake of Jumping on Trav and freeing him from the clutches of the Smoker but before the Hunter could do any damage, a slab of concrete lands right on the Hunter that has Trav pinned. The fucking Tank freed Trav from the grasp on the hunter and killed it at the same time. Trav gets up and blows the smoker away (who is just standing there) with 2 shots from the Benelli at point blank range and makes a mad dash to the truck.

He turns to find the tank, only to find that tank had finally perished from the fire. It's lifeless corpse laying there on the concrete like it had no other purpose. The C130s propellers start up and the rear hatch begins to open. Trav stands there, waiting for the hatch to open and a Boomer appears and regurgitates it's bile all over Trav. The C130 opens and Trav makes it into the plane while fending off 3 hordes of Zombies. Plane takes off. Mission Accomplished. 'What are you Trying to Prove' pops up.

This all happened in about a minute. I was amazed. Trav had no idea what the fuck happened. I had to explain to him what the smoker, hunter and tank had done. He was speechless and some other guy in the room informed us that he just lost $10 to his brother.

I checked the time, it was about 4:00 AM. Time for bed. So. Fucking. Epic.

Well, reading it is probably pretty boring, I wish it was recorded somehow...definitely the most insane thing I've ever seen in this game.

i so badly wish i was part of this, great fucking story man!
          I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

got it first thing this morning.....played it from 11am-5pm
            I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

picked it up for 5 bucks today

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                picked it up for 5 bucks today
                explain

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

"it fell off a truck"

Comment

gotcha

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

some nerd i found on craigslist modded my xbox and sells me burnt games for 5 bucks. Ive yet to get banned Xbox live either. If i do, ill just make a new account and use my other xbox.

Comment

Game is a lot tougher then the first one, that is for sure.

They DO NOT skimp on the zombies, in fact, during the Dark Carnival Campaign, I got 300 kills just in one chapter. Sometimes the swarms are endless and they are constantly broken up by the insane amount of Special Infected. Even in the Mall level, you are constantly being swarmed with absolutely no signs of it letting up. Once an alarm or something goes off, there is NO break in the action - ever.

The Charger is no lie the biggest pain in the ass. High speed assaults on the entire team and they are tough to stop - even on Normal. Wandering witches add to the fun especially when they are wandering around inside of a horde you are trying to take down.

The new Rolling Crescendos are another form of 'Run here through 50000 zombies'.

Endless Hordes. Too bad they skimp on ammunition too much.
                        Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 11-17-2009, 11:18 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

some nerd i found on craigslist modded my xbox and sells me burnt games for 5 bucks. Ive yet to get banned Xbox live either. If i do, ill just make a new account and use my other xbox.
                          Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they block your IP address. Going from a new account/new xbox will do you no good.

The night I picked up MW2 the manager was telling me about people who picked up burned/early released copies, and the people who used live were getting banned. He told me Sony was banning people's IP addresses for PS3, but Microsoft could be different.

Comment

The people who were playing on live before the release were obviously people who didnt buy the game so they are easy to ban.

The nerd did something special with the games and the way he burns them to avoid detection, hes never been banned.

Even if they ban my IP, its as simple as calling up cox and asking for a new one.

ill take the risk, 10 dollars for the mod, 5 dollars for the game. Not gonna shell out 60 dollars for a game .

Comment

The people who were playing on live before the release were obviously people who didnt buy the game so they are easy to ban.
                              Nope.

The people I'm talking about are people who bought the actual game through shady stores in NY that made a quick buck by releasing the game before midnight. Still, like you said they are easy to ban because the servers don't really open before midnight but they did actually buy the game.

I doubt you would get banned for it, I just felt like throwing info out there.

Comment

I keep thinking this thread is going to be about R2D2's brother. Sadly, it is not.
                                1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                                1999 sierra
                                1967 M725 Big and Slow
                                -Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X