leonoid meteor shower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leonoid meteor shower

supposed to be good this year. its this monday night/tuesday morning. best times are 2-4am (obv), "experts" predict ~30 meteors an hour for us in the US, but the leonoids can be a bit unpredictable, in 1833 or something there were 30-40 a second. yes, i used to be a space nerd.

i will be here..

which is about 60 miles northwest of new paltz. so if theres anything to see, i will surely see it.

ill be in utah. but ill stay up for it.

Comment

i'll be working. but i get out at 3 so maybe i'll look up
      2 tj's
      3 yj's
      2 xj's
      i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

I will be in Jersey, I dont even bother trying to see the sky anymore
        P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
        2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
        OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

I will be in my room, decent view of the sky but a shit ton of light pollution.
          1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
          1999 sierra
          1967 M725 Big and Slow
          -Dan

Comment

ill be in reading..really no great place to drive from the city unless its 45min to an hour. and at that time..prob not safe around here.
            "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but rising up everytime we fail."

-Melanie-

Comment

all you hi-def camera people get ready. It's nice and clear tonight
              No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

ill perform my pagan rituals
                www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Is this supposed to be just tonight or tomorrow as well?

-Melanie-

Comment

ive heard some people say to watch from 1-4, but the best bet is to watch before dawn. im probably gonna take a nap then head out around 230ish to my spot.

Comment

Goshhhh why do i have to be in the middle of the city and if i go out past 1 anywhere it could be detrimental to my health!?

-Melanie-

Comment

Originally posted by Mel View Post
                        Goshhhh why do i have to be in the middle of the city and if i go out past 1 anywhere it could be detrimental to my health!?
                        albright is a scary place. i just have to watch out for coyotes and crazy deer that run into cars.

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
                          albright is a scary place. i just have to watch out for coyotes and crazy deer that run into cars.
                          Id rather have that then crazy people robbing cars/houses/people and carrying guns and weapons. Come get me and take me with you! ha

-Melanie-

Comment

i just saw 6 in about 4 minutes. pretty sweet
                            No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

headed out now, will report back.

Comment

Working...
                              X