Christmas Card for a Dying 5 y.o kid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Card for a Dying 5 y.o kid

Here's a news report..Life is so unfair at times. .

(Nov. 9) - Thousands of cards and gifts have been pouring in from around the world for a Michigan boy who might not live to see Christmas.

The parents of 5-year-old Noah Biorkman decided to celebrate Christmas last weekend, and they asked people to send the boy early Christmas cards. Noah has been diagnosed with stage IV neuroblastoma and is currently under the care of hospice, Detroit radio station WYCD reported.
    "Noah Biorkman is in hospice, and we need your help to make this the best Christmas ever by sending him Christmas cards!" said a message on WYCD.com.
    Noah, who lives in South Lyon, Mich., was diagnosed with cancer in February 2007 when he was 3. He went into remission in August 2007. In September 2008, Noah relapsed with lesions in his right arm and right leg. After going through six different trials, the cancer has continued to spread.
    The Biorkman family has received thousands of cards and packages from people they've never met. One box contained an angel ornament, which Noah proclaimed one of his favorite gifts.
    "His time is very short," Noah's mother, Diana Biorkman, told local TV station WDIV. "We wanted to make sure he got Christmas."
    She said their family dropped everything to be with Noah for his early Christmas. Even Santa Claus was there, arriving on a big red firetruck, courtesy of the South Lyon Fire Department.
    Even though the family has already celebrated the holiday,

Christmas cards for Noah can still be sent to:
    Noah Biorkman,
    c/o 99.5 WYCD,
    2201 Woodward Heights Blvd.,
    Ferndale, MI 48220-1511.
    Found this on IFSJA. Usually stuff like this doesn't really touch base with me but this kinda stuck out. I am gonna send one. Thought I would post it up in case anybody else wanted to do the same.
    Last edited by hippie metal; 11-14-2009, 02:38 AM.
    Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
    didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
    Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
    he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
    Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
    i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/medical/biorkman.asp

I won't send one. I just spend 10 minutes on this one and the family wants the cards to stop. The story is three years old now, and although they were still accepting mail last week, they no longer want it.

EDIT: And of course, if anyone can disprove this then I've got an envelope with this kids name on it!
    Last edited by XJcrazy00; 11-14-2009, 03:02 AM.
    -Matt
    Facebook

Comment

...... i wanted to hook this kid up with a toy FSJ. Well if i hear anything different I will post it up

Comment

There are PLENTY of other kids to hook up. Way back when I had to take religion classes we send out thousands of cards to kids and elderly in the area.
        -Matt
        Facebook

Comment

This is true.. TOY FSJ will go to another kid

Comment

theres a facebook group for this

i saw it and thought

well 2138614876589 cards is enough

im not gonna make it 2138614876590 cards
            www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Ok, sorry to bump this thread, but i thought this was a little weird. Tonight at my meeting for our community service fraternity alpha phi omega one of the girls was talking about sending christmas cards to one of her aunts friends son is dying from cancer and if we could make cards to send to them. Well i thought it was ironic how after reading this thread to listening to that. Sure enough she send the email tonight to us with the address and its the same kid as on here. What do i do? I dont know which to believe.
              "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but rising up everytime we fail."

-Melanie-

Comment

Originally posted by Mel View Post
                Ok, sorry to bump this thread, but i thought this was a little weird. Tonight at my meeting for our community service fraternity alpha phi omega one of the girls was talking about sending christmas cards to one of her aunts friends son is dying from cancer and if we could make cards to send to them. Well i thought it was ironic how after reading this thread to listening to that. Sure enough she send the email tonight to us with the address and its the same kid as on here. What do i do? I dont know which to believe.
                Find out, because as far as I know the family requested no more cards. If its her Aunts friends kid, then have her Aunt talk to the family directly. That way we know if cards are to be sent or not

Comment

tell yo friends they is crazy and stupid
                  www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by hippie metal View Post
                    Find out, because as far as I know the family requested no more cards. If its her Aunts friends kid, then have her Aunt talk to the family directly. That way we know if cards are to be sent or not
                    This would be awesome, for more than one reason. We could still send the kid cars and Ryan can send the toy FSJ, and we'd have snopes disproved. If they really don't want any more cards that is more credibility for snopes and also more cards for other kids.

I might get in contact with some people I used to know and see about getting a list of a few kids and start up an SiS Christmas card coalition.. Anyone in?
                    -Matt
                    Facebook

Comment

will help with anything you guys want to do here. I Always volunteer for toys for tots and random food drives every year, it would be cool if we did something like this
                      No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Working...
                      X