Disable laptop touchpad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable laptop touchpad

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to disable the touchpad on my laptop. I have windows XP Pro. Its not under control panel, mouse printer keyboard. Anyone have any suggestions? I reformatted last week and the little touch pad window doesn't appear in the task bar anymore so I'm lost. I'm not very good with computers btw
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

why do you want to dissable it?
    #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

go to control pannel.

click apearance and theams.

click task bar and start menue.

click customize.

then restore defaults? may bring the lil touchpad window back up? but idk?
      #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

Originally posted by JoeNitro View Post
        go to control pannel.

click apearance and theams.

click task bar and start menue.

click customize.

then restore defaults? may bring the lil touchpad window back up? but idk?
        No its one of the drives thats making it not show up I think. But good try

Comment

oh oh oh under apearance and theam on the right in the lil boxes click where it say pointers its in there....
          #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

Originally posted by JoeNitro View Post
            oh oh oh under apearance and theam on the right in the lil boxes click where it say pointers its in there....
            No the touchpad isn't there

Comment

i give up...

good luck with that
              #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

my laptop has a "FN" key ( function ) between control and the windows key in the lower left hand corner of my keyboard.

The F1-F12 keys all have "functions" , brightness up/down, volume up down, ect. One of them for me is disable the touch pad. Maybe yours has this?

FN+F9 does it for my toshiba

Comment

when i had windows put back on my dell, the little icon wasn't there either, I had to go to the dell website and download the driver for the touchpad, and then i was able to have the option to disable it.

Comment

Ever try using a hammer?
                    sigpic
                    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by 00grntj View Post
                      when i had windows put back on my dell, the little icon wasn't there either, I had to go to the dell website and download the driver for the touchpad, and then i was able to have the option to disable it.
                      I think this is what I'll have to do thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                        Ever try using a hammer?
                        I'de miss and hit the screen

Comment

I hate some touchpads, some of them like clicking things that you really just wanted to scroll over. When I had my laptop 4 years ago I disabled the click-part of the touchpad, but I still used it for a mouse.

My roommates touchpad has a little button next to it that will shut off the pad for mouse use.
                          -Matt
                          Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by 00grntj View Post
                            this.

Comment

My laptop has a button above the touch pad, which will disable it.
                              Ryan
                              2013 Wrangler

Comment

Working...
                              X