Beater xj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beater xj

so after looking under my jeep for about 5 min yesterday i decided that using it as a daily driver was going to cost me a lot more than i would like. there is a noticeable dent in my frame rail and the previous owner decided to weld the bar pin to the body on the rear shock.

basically what i'm going to be doing is buying another car to drive and keeping the jeep to wheel. now what to do with the jeep is still up in the air.
    i need opinions on what i should do with it. thanks in advance
    94 xj 4.0L, AW4, 242
    3" rusty's lift, 33x12.5 bfg km2's, custom front bumper

Originally posted by jeepbogger4x4 View Post
    so after looking under my jeep for about 5 min yesterday i decided that using it as a daily driver was going to cost me a lot more than i would like. there is a noticeable dent in my frame rail and the previous owner decided to weld the bar pin to the body on the rear shock.

basically what i'm going to be doing is buying another car to drive and keeping the jeep to wheel. now what to do with the jeep is still up in the air.
    i need opinions on what i should do with it. thanks in advance
    get dd, insure jeep as a "recreational vehicle", build at your leisure to your liking as you drive daily without worry
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

with a dent and a welded bar pin, all i can think of is to part it out...
      Originally posted by Ktmracer419
      some people choose video games
      some choose projects
      some choose welding random things together

Comment

x2. or just give up completely and throw wontons under it.
        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by justtorchit View Post
          with a dent and a welded bar pin, all i can think of is to part it out...
          lawl
          "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

even though these aren't major problems i don't feel like throwing money into it just to keep it on the road.
            94 xj 4.0L, AW4, 242

Comment

my framerails are dented to hell and hell phil's are even worse and it really doesnt do much if anything as far as drivability. although a DD is the best thing ever.

like, ever ever.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with the rear shock being welded up there, it is still easily removable.
                Ryan
                2013 Wrangler

Comment

Originally posted by FireFighter32 View Post
                  There is nothing wrong with the rear shock being welded up there, it is still easily removable.
                  until i decide to replace them. yes it is easy to remove, but more of a pain in the ass then unbolting and bolting in a new one
                  94 xj 4.0L, AW4, 242

Comment

Air chisel...go...

Just my 2 Pecos, but I wouldn't waste money on a DD if what you want to do right now is wheel. Build a modest rig and DD it. Or do what I do and get a motorcycle as a DD and some heated gear
                    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

i still wanna wheel, but without the worry of if i break something how am i getting to class in the morning. just need something cheap for transportation
                      94 xj 4.0L, AW4, 242

Comment

its a great idea to get a cheap little DD car. great on gas, comfy. saves you money so you can slowly upgrade things on the jeep and beat the hell out of it when you want. i drove mine for the first time in weeks this weekend and it was wonderful to play with it and have something else smooth to drive
                        I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                          Air chisel...go...

Just my 2 Pecos, but I wouldn't waste money on a DD if what you want to do right now is wheel. Build a modest rig and DD it. Or do what I do and get a motorcycle as a DD and some heated gear
                          You have heated riding gear? thats sooo badass lol

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                            its a great idea to get a cheap little DD car. great on gas, comfy. saves you money so you can slowly upgrade things on the jeep and beat the hell out of it when you want. i drove mine for the first time in weeks this weekend and it was wonderful to play with it and have something else smooth to drive
                            I drove my jeep for like 4 minutes this weekend, after not driving it for over a month. It's a piece of shit.
                            1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                            1999 sierra
                            1967 M725 Big and Slow
                            -Dan

Comment

DD for the win
                              P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                              2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                              OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Working...
                              X