certificate of speedometer calibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• certificate of speedometer calibration

so I got pulled over on 395 tonight by a state trooper. He ask's the normal stuff, reg, insurance , license then asks me pulled me over because my tire crossed the edge of the white line for a second. After asking me a few questions, like alphabet to make sure im not on anything he starts looking for something to ticket me on. He notice's I have larger then stock tires (obviously) and ask's If I have a certificate of speedometer calibration on me I am of course in my full work uniform still and tell him "No sir I don't, I put a new speedometer gear myself", He responds "so, you dont have a certificate?" No Sir I did the work myself, I work at an automotive shop, I was doing 68mph when you pulled me over" He walk's around the jeep and goes on about he could give me a ticket for not having the certificate of speedometer calibrating before finally giving my stuff back and letting me on my way

I would really like to see where it says you need to carry a certificate of speedometer calibration with you to show an officer upon request (it may be there, im just to lazy to look through the codebook)

tried to snap a pic but didnt want him to notice my phone so all i got was the blue light of his strobe

up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
    eliminator MJ - Sold
    99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
    Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

that sounds like bs ive never "hurd" of this.
    Last edited by JoeNitro; 11-04-2009, 08:51 PM.
    #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

Herd? As in cattle?

Comment

what exit was that

Comment

Originally posted by XJtheXtremeJeep View Post
          Herd? As in cattle?
          #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            what exit was that
            89 (central village/moosup)
            up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
            eliminator MJ - Sold
            99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
            Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

bummer. I hate the cop thats always sitting right before my exit ( 86) right past the sign and right before the exit, he can hit you with radar while you are coming down that hill and you can barley see him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                bummer. I hate the cop thats always sitting right before my exit ( 86) right past the sign and right before the exit, he can hit you with radar while you are coming down that hill and you can barley see him.
                barley? as in what you make beer with?

Comment

Originally posted by XJtheXtremeJeep View Post
                  barley? as in what you make beer with?
                  really? have you nothing better to do?
                  #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

you fucking suck at spelling too, so get off my nuts.

Comment

I'd call his state police barracks and ask where you obtain this certification. See how many people laugh at you on the phone.
                      2000 XJ
                      2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

Originally posted by JoeNitro View Post
                        that sounds like bs ive never "hurd" of this.
                        really? you still edited it wrong it's "heard"
                        P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                        2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                        OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                          really? you still edited it wrong it's "heard"
                          Bahahaha FAIL

Comment

Definately sounds like bs, I got pulled over doing 57 in a 45, I told the officer I had not calibrated the speedo (after he asked me), and he said, well all you gotta do is get a little gear that goes in your t-case and you're problem is fixed...
                            Long story short, guy was AWARE my speedo was not calibrated and still did not give me a ticket for anything more than unsafe tires
                            dirty30

Comment

i like how the max speed on your GPS says 89
                              99 xj, 3" RC, 35" BFG AT red labels, custom rear bumper, SYE, armor, Hellas, waggy 44's fr+rr, 5.13's ,lunchbox lockers fr+rr, rear disk conversion,rock crusher covers frt+rr, beefy homemade 1 ton highsteer setup

Comment

Working...
                              X