• Show
Clear All

• and it starts.....

hotel in space 2012

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20091102/od_nm/us_hotel
    You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

No shit, pretty cool

Comment

thats cool except the 4.4mil price tag....
      #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

Originally posted by JoeNitro View Post
        thats cool except the 4.4mil price tag....
        Small price to pay for some.
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

good view to watch the end of the world

Comment

As if there is any chance that they can overcome the numerous technical challenges of this project in 3 years.
            You're a ___________

Comment

Originally posted by Danksters View Post
              As if there is any chance that they can overcome the numerous technical challenges of this project in 3 years.
              huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                Small price to pay for some.
                For 8 weeks on a tropical island in whats gotta be a ritzy place, then a weekend in space? Its starting to sound like their giving this shit away.
                "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
                It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Originally posted by Saharicon View Post
                  huh?
                  Hi. They want to build a hotel in orbit around the earth. There are some issues with doing that in 3 years and with any type of budget.

Most all of the real work is to be contracted out to a subsidiary of EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company) that does civilian and defense space systems.It is called EADS Astrium. Astrium estimates that the suborbital shuttle alone would cost 1.5 billion doll hairs and and modifying ESA (European Space Agency) Automated Transfer Vehicle from unmanned to being capable of transporting people to space would cost 3.4 billion doll hairs.

So far, no hardware has been built or tested. 3 years is not nearly enough time and 5 billion dollars before even discussing the cost of the space hotel itself or any of the other associated costs is ridiculous.

All I see for information about the project is pretty pictures.

Looks like smoke and mirrors to me.
                  You're a ___________

Comment

Originally posted by Danksters View Post
                    Hi. They want to build a hotel in orbit around the earth. There are some issues with doing that in 3 years and with any type of budget.

Most all of the real work is to be contracted out to a subsidiary of EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company) that does civilian and defense space systems.It is called EADS Astrium. Astrium estimates that the suborbital shuttle alone would cost 1.5 billion doll hairs and and modifying ESA (European Space Agency) Automated Transfer Vehicle from unmanned to being capable of transporting people to space would cost 3.4 billion doll hairs.

So far, no hardware has been built or tested. 3 years is not nearly enough time and 5 billion dollars before even discussing the cost of the space hotel itself or any of the other associated costs is ridiculous.

All I see for information about the project is pretty pictures.

Looks like smoke and mirrors to me.
                    I could see it, might get delayed.. I mean almost everything does. With the right funding though, anything is possible. It says a billonaire is funding it, which is probably some crazy ass mofo thats obssesed with the world ending, or space exploration or something stupid. Its a long shot, but not out of reach.

I just read the Forbes 400 the other night and there are def some crazy ass douche bags out there with the bank roll to fund a project like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Saharicon View Post
                      I could see it, might get delayed.. I mean almost everything does. With the right funding though, anything is possible. It says a billonaire is funding it, which is probably some crazy ass mofo thats obssesed with the world ending, or space exploration or something stupid. Its a long shot, but not out of reach.

I just read the Forbes 400 the other night and there are def some crazy ass douche bags out there with the bank roll to fund a project like this.
                      Yeah, I don't doubt they could do it, but 2012 is a joke.
                      You're a ___________

Comment

Thats fucking cool.
                        -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                        X