Rules for using someone else's tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rules for using someone else's tools

Some people seem to have a serious lack of respect for the money and hard work that go into purchasing a full set of tools for a trade. If you ever borrow someone else's tools, or use tools out of their box, do them a favor and follow these seemingly simple rules:

1. Don't touch my shit unless you ask first.

2. Return my tools to where you found them.

3. Return my tools in the condition you found them in.

4. You break it; you bought it. End of story. I don't care if lightning hits it. If you are using it, it's you're responsibility.

5. Don't use my tools when I'm not around. This is grounds for an ass whooping.

6. Don't tell someone else they can use my tools when I'm not around. See #5.

7. Lock the FUCKING lock box at the end of the day.

8. Your lack of tools to do the job required is not my fucking problem.
    You're a ___________

hmm. my neighbor lets me use his tools and his garage when hes not home. guess im lucky

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      hmm. my neighbor lets me use his tools and his garage when hes not home. guess im lucky
      'lets you" is the key phrase. as in you have his permission.
      You're a ___________

Comment

What is this? get my post count up night?
        Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

what sparked this?
          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
          Originally posted by DizzDizz
          aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
            what sparked this?
            My boss and some mexican breaking every rule except #4 in one fell swoop.

Plus that other incident that is unmentionable; you know the one I'm referring to.
            You're a ___________

Comment

If you break something man up to it

Most tools have a lifetime warranty if you break it you go get the replacement, along with getting beer to apologize

Clean them after use

Put them back in there designated spot

If you loose a tool you are buying a new one no questions asked, along with buying the owner beer

If someone is nice enough to lend you tools YOU are designated to buy them beer
              1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
              2001 wj tbd
              1974 5 ton

Comment

Good list, also:

If you borrow a tool once you might not need it.

Borrow a tool twice may want to think of buying it.

Borrow a third time you need to buy the fucking tool.
                2000 XJ with goodies soon to be in pieces
                1999 XJ will get most of the 2000XJ doodads.

Comment

I agree with everything here. I know a mechanic that lets me use his extra bay at work and all the tools I can imagine. I clean every tool when I return it, and beer is always purchased for him (I'm under 21 but my dad knows the tool code and always buys him beer) and most of the time if it is a saturday (which is usually is) I buy him a sandwich. And not some little subway sub, but a big, meaty grinder.

If you can use a tool correctly you are VERY unlikely to break it. I've never broken someone else's tools, but am ready to pay for it in the event it ever happens. If you show respect for someone elses shit, they will always let you come back to borrow more things, even though you should but your own tools if you ever need it twice.
                  -Matt
                  Facebook

Comment

Working...
                  X