Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overlanding and general 4wd stupidity…..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overlanding and general 4wd stupidity…..

So I’ve obviously been outta the game for a long time, generally with life stuff…. I have watched countless YouTubes and have noticed in general people are fucking stupid. Now this is nothing new, but with that stupidity and the, “ I saw this in a video or on Instagram so I know I can do it…” attitude, I’ve noticed people destroying trails, vehicles, private property, etc in vast quantities….

off road has become pretty crazy mainstream in the last 10 years. for better and for worse...
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

It’s pretty nuts to me I guess, the general lack of knowledge people have of basic concepts…

part time vs full time 4wd
      “center diff locks” is a prime example. I had never heard the term used in the US until recently… I always just new it as full time or part time. Which then brings me to my frustration reading about people that don’t understand the basic concept of 2wd vs 4wd….. never mind awd, mind blown.

I am of course the guy that has always known tons of useless information about most things…. But I think overall the destruction of land, seeing people get stuck on trails with vehicles that were never ever meant to go on anything more than a hard packed flat dirt road….

heres an example to illustrate what I used to only see online in memes and that rare clip, but has now become real life around me…. Literally watching idiots do shit like this in real time then having no clue how to get out….. it’s a thing I used to relate to young high school girls, only now it’s adults of all shapes and sizes….
      https://jalopnik.com/mall-crawling-j...1833176472/amp
      my job probably doesn’t help my attitude toward stupidity either.
      Last edited by Rico; 01-25-2022, 03:02 PM.

Comment

With the popularity of the JK, and SxS anyone and everyone is going out there. A lot of more money than brains out there. When we all started all we had where forums and meeting up with clubs and got to learn how to wheel responsibly.
        -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Working...
        X