Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Fatal Crash in 2 1/2 years

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090213/...lane_into_home

Wow Right outside of Buffalo. Not sure but sounded like possible ice on the wings was the cause

adam and i saw this last night...they're saying it had to do with the sleet and snow causing the icy conditions..really sad
    mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
    2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
    and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

so strangeeeee, thoughts and prayers to the families :-(
      2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
      J10 project do want.
      "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

I saw this last night too very sad
        P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
        2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
        OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

9/11 widow killed in NY
          plane crash
          Beverly Eckert of Stamford dies in
          crash

Updated: Friday, 13 Feb 2009, 11:00 AM EST
          Published : Friday, 13 Feb 2009, 5:33 AM EST

Buffalo, NY (WTNH) - A commuter plane crash near Buffalo, New York has killed everyone on board including a 9/11 widow from Connecticut.

Police in New York said Continental Connection Flight 3407 with 49 people on board crashed into a home in suburban Buffalo just after 10:00 p.m. Thursday night.

"I was sitting in the family room watching TV and it flew over and I saw it on fire and I heard an explosion and then a few minutes later I heard another explosion," a man who identified himself as Robert said.

The Buffalo News reports Beverly Eckert of Stamford was a passenger on that plane. She was heading to Buffalo for a weekend birthday celebration for her late husband, Sean Rooney, who died in the attack on the World Trade Center.

Eckert was also a co-chairwoman for "Voices of September 11."

Flight 3407 was flying from Newark New Jersey to Buffalo Niagara International Airport when it hit the home in Clarence. The plane was carrying 44 passengers, four crew members and an off-duty pilot.

All 49 persons on board and one person on the ground died. The fiery crash forced the evacuation of several nearby homes.

Federal Aviation Administration and National transportation Safety Board investigators will be on the scene later today.

Comment

i think icing as well

Comment

That is awful to have something happen like that.

My dad has a part time job at Bradley de-icing planes and that's something they have to be careful of. They gotta make sure every inch of ice is off the planes.
              "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but rising up everytime we fail."

-Melanie-

Comment

Working...
              X