The Free Mud Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Free Mud Truck

Seing as how this truck is not a "build", I thought I would put it in Shenanigans forum. It will be used for shenanigans...most definitely.
    A guy from work just wanted to get rid of this 1985 K5 Blazer. Seing as how the price was right, I figured I should get it to save the XJ from a little abuse and use it for the local mud bog events.Here's what I brought home...

It has a smallblock Chevy Corvette motor in it. I have to clean it up and read/run the numbers, but I'm guessing a 327 or 350. Befor I picked it up the guy told me it had a 427 'Vette motor in it, but as soon as I opened the hood I knew he was mistaken.But he insists that it is a 'Vette motor dressed up with the truck valve covers and pulley brackets.Whatever...it runs STRONG.
    The tranny has no reverse. I changed the fluid and filter and put a quart of Lucas in it.It still has no reverse, but the forward gears and 4WD work OK.I blew a couple of belts off when I was revving it up to see if it would creep in reverse. I bought a new alternator belt and threw it on. So, with fluids and filters and the belt, I have like $30 some bucks into it.
    I pulled the top off. By myself. With no mecanical or human help. Don't ever do that. I hurt for days. That top is fucking heavy!

Old Lloyd is just kicking around and I just handed in the plates, so I figured I'd borrow his shoes.

Put the 'ol luggers in the K5.

Check out the 8 leaf rear springs....

I just have to cut the plowframe off.The dumbass welded it on bigtime.Welded onto the bumper AND frame.The bastard.

I'll have to at least cut the bottom off before next weekend so I don't go bulldozing in the mudbog. I don't expect the tranny to last all day, but I'm going to show it no mercy until it doesn't go anymore!

score
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

nice find dude! what do you have in store for it, and what do you plan on doing once the tranny bites it?
      2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
      MK2 Jetta > M3
      Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Sweet. Id wheel it.
        -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by polarman View Post
          omfg

Comment

Any specs on the XJ behind it?
            -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampThing View Post
              nice find dude! what do you have in store for it, and what do you plan on doing once the tranny bites it?
              I plan on running it at local mud events, as well as some wheeling close to home. When the tranny craps out, I'll try to find a cheap JY replacement.Anyone have a GM 4x4 TH700R4 kicking around?
              I might beef up the front springs and shocks at some point, but I'm going to try to spend next to nothing on it.
              I figured if nothing else it has a bunch of good parts I can use to fix up Old Lloyd. It appears to have posi rear and the axles have been regeared. I'm guessing maybe 4.10's, it had 33" tires on it before I brought it home.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
                Any specs on the XJ behind it?
                That's my Bro's XJ. It's got dual locked 44s, hydro ram steering, and a custom 3 link long arm front suspension.it has 37" Iroks on it, but we might swap some 39" Boggers onto it that he has on the black XJ of fail.
                It works really well when it's running. Right now he needs a fuel pump, and he better dump the water out and put some coolant in it before it freezes and cracks the block.

Comment

That K5 is sick. Me and my girlfriend drool over them. She wants to get one and try to out wheel my XJ.
                  -Matt
                  Facebook

Comment

Working...
                  X