American cars that... aren't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
    A lot of the guys that I've talked to want to buy Toyota Trucks because they are built in the USA in NON-UNION plants.
    win.. not over paid workers... and you get a truck that lasts
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
      OK, so all that money, the profit, is being sent overseas, but the workers still have jobs, the workers still get paid and the US government still gets tax money, both on the manufacture and sale of the vehicles that these companies make. They don't have big land lines from China or Japan either, they are using Electricity produced by our power plants as well.

You make it seem like these companies are stealing money from us when they simply aren't. Industry is Industry, and no matter where the profits in the end go, you have to look at where the profits are made. Even if those profits find their way back to the Land of the Rising Sun, those profits can always come right back to us in forms of more plants that create more jobs for American Workers.
      wow phil, well said i didnt see this coming from you!
      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

my Merkur xr4ti is a ford just rebadged merkur and sold under mercury...

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
          wow phil, well said i didnt see this coming from you!
          I'm curious to why you think this would be strange coming from me. I'm absolutely for a free market, especially during a time of economic crisis.
          Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 09-13-2009, 10:36 PM.
          sigpic
          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by WTNFDXJ View Post
            my Merkur xr4ti is a ford just rebadged merkur and sold under mercury...
            herd ya the first time

Comment

Originally posted by Paco Lopez View Post
              I think everybody knows that Dodge had a few cars back in the 90s (Stealth, Raider, Laser, Talon) that were rebadged Mitsubishis (3000GT, Montero, Eclipse)
              actually the Diamond Star Motors (DSM) cars were all produced in Normal, Illinois by the United Auto Workers Local 2488. whoda thunk it
              I drive a Datsun

Comment

Working...
              X