Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Killed another deer with my XJ (damage pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killed another deer with my XJ (damage pics)

So I'm running late to work around 6:00 AM. So I'm driving fast (for me) at around 60mph when a big stupid doe runs out in front of me. My brakes suck and I'm only on them for like 10 feet when I hit it. The deer rides on my bumper for 50 feet or so while I'm on the binders, then it falls off and I run over it. Thuthunk thuthunk. I go back and pull the deer out of the road and hop back in the Jeep and go to work. At lunch time I washed all of the deer shit off and survey the damage.

I can't get the hyde, fat, and fur out of my winch cable.At least the dog likes the way it smells and licks it.
    Other than the fur in the cable, the jeep came out without a scratch.

This is the 2nd deer I've killed with my XJ. It appears to be deerproof.Now I'm thinking about having my buddy airbrush the hood similar to the deathproof poster that says deerproof. Or, sombody needs to make some stickers of a red circle and hash with a deer in the middle that people can buy to keep score; kind of like fighter planes in WWII that had the symbols on the sidses for all of the enemy fighters they had downed. That would be cool....

Thats sick dude, good shit on having a solid rig.
    -Matt
    Facebook

Comment

I think after two successful deer run downs, I'd say get those confirmed kill stamps for the side of your jeep.
      sigpic
      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
        I think after two successful deer run downs, I'd say get those confirmed kill stamps for the side of your jeep.
        haha sort of like my mike pull out because i broke another thing slashes on the xj?
        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
        2001 wj tbd
        1974 5 ton

Comment

http://www.zazzle.com/deer_crossing_...66489578273568

do it!
          Originally posted by Fast Orange
          if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
          Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
          I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Cletus View Post
            haha sort of like my mike pull out because i broke another thing slashes on the xj?
            oh yeah and fuck you
            if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
            I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

is it 5 or 6?
              1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
              2001 wj tbd
              1974 5 ton

Comment

RJ, you just need a big stamp like in the cartoons.
                sigpic
                Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Dude! That's it! I'll have to order a sheet of 20 1&1/2" stickers and start aiming for those bastards. Thanks sooo much for the link! I'm sure that I won't kill 20 deer, so if anyone needs any, let me know.

Comment

Ahh, shit. Upon closer examination, the stickers are printed on "scratch resistant paper". I don't believe that will work for ant length of time.
                    I just went from to in no time flat.

Comment

Thats awesome man. I tried to run one down in the TJ the other day but was unsuccessful Im hoping to stab one with the plow mount

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

I hit one plowing a few years back. I was doing like 30 and caught it with the right edge of the plow. It caused it to do like a 1080 helicopter spin into the woods. I turned around to look for it but he was gone. Left hair on the plow stick and on the hood hahaha.
                        1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                        1999 sierra
                        1967 M725 Big and Slow
                        -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
                          I hit one plowing a few years back. I was doing like 30 and caught it with the right edge of the plow. It caused it to do like a 1080 helicopter spin into the woods. I turned around to look for it but he was gone. Left hair on the plow stick and on the hood hahaha.
                          We did that last year! my buddy was driving. but we caught it with the drivers side. It was a little guy and it caught the edge of the plow and spun off somewhere....we backed up and it was gone

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

glad the jeep survived

Comment

http://www.justcarstickers.com/deer-...-crossing.html

Comment

Working...
                              X