Ma People.... Inspection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ma People.... Inspection?

I just got a 5.2 zj with a lift on it. The kid I bought it from gave me the failed inspection report, and it was partially due to the lift. Does anyone know a place that wont give a fuck about a jeep having a 3" fucking lift on it?

Worst case I just register it in florida where they dont even care if it has brakes.
    2001 TJ
    2001 Tahoe
    2013 M3
    1986 R65
    1997 Blackbird
    2013 R1200GS

The bumper height is probably too high. Crosby would know though
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Bumper height isn't as much of an issue. MA has some formula that has to do with wheelbase and track width times some number and thats how much suspension and tire lift you can have total. It is wicked BS and im running an expired inspection sticker on my jeep cuz there is no way itll pass. The ticket if you get pulled over for the sticker is 50 bucks and i figure if i get pulled over once a year then it is a little more than a sticker haha.

6.05 Maximum Combined Mechanical and Tire Lift

(1) The maximum mechanical lift for four wheel drive motor vehicles shall be calculated by multiplying the wheel base times the wheel track, and dividing the product by a safety factor of 2200:

i.e., 92" w/b x 58" w/t = 5336/2200 = 2" (maximum mechanical lift).

The outside diameter of the largest tire size available from the original manufacturer as standard or optional equipment for the particular motor vehicle may also be increased up to an amount equal to the maximum mechanical lift calculated.

(2) The maximum combined mechanical and tire lift shall be no greater than the sum of the maximum mechanical lift and increased tire size calculated for the particular vehicle.

(3) Reconstructed motor vehicles shall be limited to the maximum combined lift allowed for the particular chassis used, in accordance with the applicable provisions of 540 CMR 6.05 (1) and (2), i.e. a vehicle having a 65" track, 105" wheel base, and an original manufacturer's door height of 21" is allowed a maximum combined lift of four inches above the original manufacturer's door height. Accordingly, the lower edge of the door, door edge line or floor panel, as stipulated in the general requirements of 540 CMR 6.00, of any unladen body mounted on such chassis may not exceed 25" above the level surface upon which the vehicle rests.

(4) In doubtful cases, or in any case where the original manufacturer's specified height is not known or available, or where a motor vehicle is assembled without using a particular body and/or chassis (i.e. homemade), the Registrar shall determine the allowable maximum height and may issue a permit authorizing the operation thereof.

(5) The Registrar shall periodically provide the specifications of the approved maximum altered heights.

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
        and dividing the product by a safety factor of 2200:
        rofl. define 'safety factor'. because im pretty sure my m3 that can break 3rd on a straightaway may need this formula as well.

good info tho. it should be below its alloted lift height, I just took a closer look under and there is a broken sway bar link so i assume thats it.
        Last edited by loudobbs; 08-22-2009, 11:50 AM.
        2001 TJ
        2001 Tahoe
        2013 M3
        1986 R65
        1997 Blackbird
        2013 R1200GS

Comment

Working...
        X