Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want a Big Mac?

Robots will make it for you.

Hawk and I are talking about the new MacDonald's drink vending machines. makes you wonder why the fuck they need employees.

You place your order through someone who barely speaks the language of the United States. He inputs it into the compter. At this point the computer takes over and doles out your drink in such a fashion;

The cup holder machine rotates until it finds your cup size, which can be any of small, medium, large, or supersize. Once it finished that little dance around the wheel, an arm reaches up, grabs the cup, and pulls it down onto a conveyor belt, where it's whisked off down another rotating track where it is then decided which "parking spot" it needs to be in to dispense the proper cola, when the perfect, computer measured amount has filled your cup, it's run back around the outside of said second track to the hands of the oh so competant employee who took your order, to give to you.

anyone else seen this contraption of soda vending?

Now heres the kicker:

I always order drinks without ice when i hit up fast food stops.
    I order a "Coke, no ice."
    the person on the other end, i always trust, can handle this simple request.

but no. you would be surprised at the percentage of times i get that small coke in a large glass with twice the amount of ice than soda. its annoying.
    However, i order a coke, no ice, from this new system... and low and behold, no ice!

this leads me to believe that somewhere between me ordering and getting my drink, some fucking incomprehendible human error must occur to fuck up my beverage.

I like the machine.
    "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
    It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Awesome post
    Last edited by Mike; 08-18-2009, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Dear Mike.

funny threads.

you kill them.
      "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
      It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

what

Comment

i also prefer to have no ice in my coke
          95 xj JY 3" 35" truxus mt's

Comment

I prefer Mentos in my Coke.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X