Lifes too short

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifes too short

I just had to post this because im completely shocked by it.

My cousin is taking a class called death and dying, its a psych class at our community college. In her book was the picture of this guy and she told me a little about him

Thats a guy named Bryan Curtis. A smoker for about 20 years who died in his thirties. Sad story we hear a lot but this is what the shocker is to me...that picture above, was taken 9 weeks before this one:

and that picture was taken three hours before he died.

It was a specific kind of lung cancer, but i just cant believe it did that to him that fast. He is holding the picture of him that was taken 9 weeks prior.

heres the story:

http://whyquit.com/whyquit/BryanLeeCurtis.html

Lifes too short even when you think if you are diagnosed with something that you will have at least a year to live out what you want to. some people dont even get that chance :-\
    2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
    J10 project do want.
    "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

wow that is quite intense and tragic.

Comment

now im depressed and im gonna have nightmares

thanks
      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

After the graveside service June 8, this friend and a handful of relatives light up.
        Guess they didn't learn anything.

Comment

Originally posted by DrThunder View Post
          Guess they didn't learn anything.
          cant fix stupid.

sad story though.

Comment

Wow. That had to be some kind of rare rapid cancer. Its as if his cancer and life went into fast forward.
            Ryan
            2013 Wrangler

Comment

yeah it said in teh article that it was something that usually can be slowed to an extent with chemo but for him the chemo had little effect. :-\ just such a shame...makes me wanna go travel the world or something and take advantage of my health
              J10 project do want.

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
                cant fix stupid.

sad story though.
                Agreed. My Aunt and her husband are both chain smokers that do 2-3 packs a day each and this is after my Aunt watched my grandfather die of lung cancer and my grandmother die of pneumonia after being chain smoker's as well. She claims the doctor keeps telling her that her lungs are still clear but that is probably just considering her habits.

Comment

Originally posted by Quartney View Post
                  just such a shame...makes me wanna go travel the world or something and take advantage of my health
                  EXACTLY!! As you have in your sig....Carpe Everything!

My Dad's family has a history of heart disease and early death. He taught me to enjoy today and not put things off until tomorrow. Luckily, Dad's health has been good and to celebrate his retirement the parents and some friends drove cross country through the Canadian rockies all the way to Alaska and back. A long but very enjoyable trip.

My goal is 50 states before 50 years old.
                  At 41 years old, I've been to 35 states, Canada, and Germany....so much to see and do.

Comment

That is so sad...and scary. Thx for the post, it's easy to forget how much we take our health for granted...
                    ~*Nica*~
                    Passenger Extraordinaire.

Eggnog anyone?

Comment

wow...thts crazy...poor guy

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

That is awful to look at. Luckily no one in my immediate family are smokers anymore. My mom had her last cigarette the day she found out she was pregnant w/ me and never touched one again.

Its awful to look at stuff like that, and know how many disease are out there.
                        "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but rising up everytime we fail."

-Melanie-

Comment

holy shit, no more reason I dont smoke
                          4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

"I saw mortal life as a kind of dream." -Deuce

My buddy and fellow Rugger, Deuce, wrote this, a quote from a much larger entry, as well as many other existential thoughts he had, down in a journal. He died a few weeks after writing this on campus of a brain aneurism at the age of 21.

made everyone at Bona's appreciate one another a little more.

My point for sharing this is not to share a sad story, but to pose the question. What if he was right? what if this is just a dream? theres nothing you can do to stop yourself from dying. when its your time to wake up, its just your time. The knowledge and reasoning of gods means nothing to we who cannot comprehend it.

so live however the hell you want. just enjoy living and dont ever regret it.
                            "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
                            It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

matrix? lol

sure thats possible, but whether its dying or waking up, who knows whats after that, take advantage of whats here while we have the access to it
                              J10 project do want.

Comment

Working...
                              X