Travis Barker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travis Barker

Why do people say he is a bad or 'overrated' drummer?

From what I can see, he seems pretty damn good to me, what exactly is so shoddy or sub par about his musicianship?

or is this just one of those "its cool to go against the grain" opinions?

I'd post a video, but you all know his stuff.
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
    or is this just one of those "its cool to go against the grain" opinions?

fo serious

mike says "hes fast thats it, anyone can bang a drum"

i think he is badass at what he does.

that solo after the encore was probably the most badass thing i have ever seen in concert
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

they all just jelous....
      #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post

mike says "hes fast thats it, anyone can bang a drum"
        thats like saying the greatest singer on earth is unimpressive because anyone can make sounds with their mouth
        - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

I am just sick of people giving him way too much credit for what he does. He is a DECENT drummer but there is far better drummers in the world that get way less credit for what they do. A few off the top of my head Buddy Rich, Gene Krupa, Ed Shaughnessy, Vinnie Colaiuta, and a few others.
          Last edited by Magilla; 08-12-2009, 07:13 PM. Reason: edited for a fag
          1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
          2001 wj tbd
          1974 5 ton

Comment

as far as old blink 182 pre barker goes

i personally like them better when barker stepped into the scene

their music style changed from the generic, fast punk-pop cali sound with shitty lyrics to a more melodic style of pop-punk.

don't get me wrong i like both though

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
              I am just sick of people giving him way too much credit for what he does. He is a DESCENT drummer but there is far better drummers in the world that get way less credit for what they do. A few off the top of my head Buddy Rich, Gene Krupa, Ed Shaughnessy, Vinnie Colaiuta, and a few others.
              he is just well known. more people will refer to him when they are asked "who is a great drummer?"

for example

i know none of the people you listed

Comment

He is not really a great drummer, people just dont know any other drummers and say him because he plays fast. Ill stick to the pre barker blink. Also if it was not for the people on that list travis would not be who he is today
                1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                2001 wj tbd
                1974 5 ton

Comment

meh

it was pretty fuckin intense

Comment

it is decent not descent.

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                      meh

it was pretty fuckin intense
                      [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkX2uPepWHo[/ame]
                      - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
                        it is decent not descent.

meh i could care less
                        2001 wj tbd
                        1974 5 ton

Comment

wish i wasnt on dial up right now

Comment

Good thing you found that video cause mine does nottt do his encore justice... wind effed with the videos i took.

I agree with RJ that those people made him who he is today, but that doesn't discredit his talent, just adds to it. He's a sick drummer either way. I was in awe when he started spinning at an angle and still played a flawless solo.

Comment

Originally posted by TSISam View Post
                              Good thing you found that video cause mine does nottt do his encore justice... wind effed with the videos i took.

I agree with RJ that those people made him who he is today, but that doesn't discredit his talent, just adds to it. He's a sick drummer either way. I was in awe when he started spinning at an angle and still played a flawless solo.
                              I am not discrediting his talent im just saying that there is better drummers out there. I do not consider him to be the awesome drummer everyone says. But i was a drummer for a quite while and i have a little more insight into this than most. If you want to see some really good drummers look into the swing/ jazz drummers.

And if you want to go by bpm travis's average is 126 where as most jazz is around 140 some as high as 174. quick google search

Also none of the drummers mentioned/ jazz drummers ever mixed any drum beats into a homo ass song by soulja boy
                              Last edited by Magilla; 08-12-2009, 07:33 PM.
                              2001 wj tbd
                              1974 5 ton

Comment

Working...
                              X