Laptop Advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop Advise

My laptop seems to slowly dying on me. It is an older machine that has been working for the most part for me but is progressively getting worse. I just reformatted it the other day and it is still running extra slow plus it has been getting hotter than usual and the battery is on its way out.

It is an older HP NC6120 w/ a 1.72 mhz and only 512mb ram. I only really use it for web browsing, occasional downloads and MS office for school work. I carry it back and forth to school and work so want something relatively light and compact. I was looking at this one http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...oductresources as I've always preferred HPs as I've had good luck with their products. Any suggestions on equivalents?

advice
    Originally posted by Fast Orange
    if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
    Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
    I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

he wants you to advise him on a laptop
      1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
      2001 wj tbd
      1974 5 ton

Comment

I love my toshiba. end of story.. compact, powerful, nice prices.

Great ergonomics, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawky Clause View Post
          I love my toshiba. end of story.. compact, powerful, nice prices.

Great ergonomics, too.
          big ol x2 on this, picked me up a toshiba gaming laptop in december 07, best computer ive ever bought. Still powerful as fuck almost 2 years later, never had a problem with it.

Cant say ive ever had or used a compaq though.

Comment

If you use it more for entertainment and less for work, look at a Netbook. They're smaller, with 8-11.1" screens and are much more compact, with about 3x the battery life of a normal laptop. They are a little less powerful, but as the name implies they are for the net, not gaming or huge multi tasking. Most have between 1.5 and 2.2ghx processors, 150-250g hd and 1-3g ram. They range from 200-500$, but you can get a good one for about 350$.
            2000 XJ
            2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

the dell 9,10, and 11s have been getting fantastic reviews. engadget and cnet frequently are featuring them, so head on over to those sites search and read some reviews. ive never been a huge hp/compag fan, but my dad's budget compaq laptop has been fairing him well. toshiba is good too like mike and hawk said, acer is another brand to consider. lastly, i'd never ever run an AMD in a laptop, the chips just get too hot. core 2 duo (or atom ) or bust

Comment

i advise you not to get a gateway.

it's a good heater on those cold lonely nights in your room though
                www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                X