No announcement yet.

Need Entertainment!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How the fuck did you break that part of your foot, Chris?
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Rock climbing fall from about 25 feet up and I landed on my feet. Broke one of my heel bones into 4 pieces.

Apparently the heel bone is usually the first thing to break when you fall from height and land on your feet. If you're not lucky the shock travels up your legs and spine snapping other things along the way. I was lucky.

Comment

ouch, that sucks. Ive (knock on wood) never broken a bone or had a serious injury.

Comment

Originally posted by Paco Lopez View Post
          Rock climbing fall from about 25 feet up and I landed on my feet. Broke one of my heel bones into 4 pieces.

Apparently the heel bone is usually the first thing to break when you fall from height and land on your feet. If you're not lucky the shock travels up your legs and spine snapping other things along the way. I was lucky.
          Well, that is quite interesting to know. I would have thought your knees would take the brunt of a fall.

..So it begs the question... 'What happened...why did you fall?'
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            ouch, that sucks. Ive (knock on wood) never broken a bone or had a serious injury.
            This was my first, not counting a minor break in my thumb when I was 7.

The broken bone wasn't actually that bad. I hit the ground and knew right away that it was broken but it wasn't excruciating, I didn't even want them give me painkillers at the hospital.

The surgery itself wasn't bad either, at least in the beginning. They knocked me out and then shut off all the nerves in my leg below the knee, when I woke up everything was fine until those nerves switched back on about 24 hours later. They were pumping me full of percocet, morphine, and dilaudid (supposed to be 8-10x stronger than morphine) and nothing was having an effect. They must have had to cut a lot of stuff to get that plate in there, and all of it was screaming bloody murder at me. That lasted about 24 hours and then it just went away. I haven't taken any painkillers since leaving the hospital and now my leg just itches from being in a cast for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
              Well, that is quite interesting to know. I would have thought your knees would take the brunt of a fall.

..So it begs the question... 'What happened...why did you fall?'
              I was on lead on a short easy climb, had a bunch of protection in down low, got past a tough move and stuck a cam into a damp crack that hadn't seen much sunlight in a while. I was only a few feet past the cam and my hand slipped out of the crack. I should have been fine but the cam popped out, I'm not sure if it was the dampness or if it broke a flake off. Without that cam there was just too much rope out and I hit went straight to the deck. I think I was only about 20-25 feet up. Any higher and I would have had another piece of pro in, any lower and there wouldn't have been enough rope out to deck even without the cam in place.

Comment

That sucks.
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I don't know if I'll be able to climb again. The doctor was even giving me funny looks when I was talking about hiking and backpacking. Whatever happens I'll deal with it. If I can't hike and camp anymore I'll just have to kayak and camp instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Paco Lopez View Post
                    Yeah, I don't know if I'll be able to climb again. The doctor was even giving me funny looks when I was talking about hiking and backpacking. Whatever happens I'll deal with it. If I can't hike and camp anymore I'll just have to kayak and camp instead.
                    Wheel.
                    sigpic

Comment

Wow that sucks Chris. How is driving going, arent all your vehicles manual transmission?
                      -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

No driving, it's my right foot so I would have trouble even with automatics. I've got a place up in Boston so once I can get around a little bit better I'm going to head up there where I can at least take public transit.

Comment

Damn thats even worse man. Well if you need someone to keep the air rotated in the Lotuses tires let me know lol.
                          -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
                            Damn thats even worse man. Well if you need someone to keep the air rotated in the Lotuses tires let me know lol.
                            i knew it wouldn't be long before someone put dibs on the lotus

but shit man that really does suck

Comment

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
                              i knew it wouldn't be long before someone put dibs on the lotus

but shit man that really does suck
                              no you didnt now i am going to brain you
                              1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                              2001 wj tbd
                              1974 5 ton

Comment

CAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
                                I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

Working...
                                X