Xbox 360 Red Rings of Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox 360 Red Rings of Death

Fuck me, my xbox just died and gave me the 3 Red rings of death. Who here has had it, and what do you do? Will it be covered by some sort of warranty, was purchased in 2008. Im currently attempting the towel fix so it will work for me this weekend, but will they cover it or am i SOL?

towel trick worked, we will see how long it lasts but id still like to get it replaced.

Comment

buy a new one from best buy with cash, open the box CAREFULLY, take the new one out, put the broken one in the box and return it.

Comment

you will be lucky if the towel trick lasts for very long, it lasted for 20 mins for me

it will be covered under warranty, call microsoft and they will send you a box

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
          buy a new one from best buy with cash, open the box CAREFULLY, take the new one out, put the broken one in the box and return it.
          ahhh the homemade warranty. i've used it many a time
          2 tj's
          3 yj's
          2 xj's
          i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

Don't do the towel trick too much....you'll eventually kill it for good.

If your warranty was up I'd say do the penny fix, but then again......I did that to mine and it got the ring again after a month and a half
            1998 XJ.....Finally.
            1997 ZJ 4.0L....The wife's ride.

...And I'm a Mac

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
              they check the serial number so that wont work, send it to microsoft and they'll fix it and send it back within a few weeks. they also give you a letter saying sorry and a free month of XBL
              I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

where did you buy it? Best buy just let me grab another one off the shelf and i was out the door.
                Jeep - every bump is a steering opportunity

Comment

did you need a receipt at best buy? I bought it from my friend used, but he had only had it for 1 month when he sold it to me and sold it because he couldnt pay bills. Either way Im gonna have to wait till i get back to the states in October to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    did you need a receipt at best buy? I bought it from my friend used, but he had only had it for 1 month when he sold it to me and sold it because he couldnt pay bills. Either way Im gonna have to wait till i get back to the states in October to do this.
                    no you dont need a reciept. They take the hard drive off yours and take the hard drive from a new one and swap them for you. Its a 3 year warrenty on the red ring.
                    You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

when exactly did you buy it in 08? as long as it's less than a year its under warranty. or you could do the good old buy a new one, and return the old saying it had the rings of death when you plugged it in. you'll get your moneys back I used to work at circuit city, and I've let it slide, as long as the person you deal with when you return it is cool there shouldn't be a problem, just be reallllllly super nice and you'll get by. and ive noticed LOTS of people having red rings of death issues lately.
                      Last edited by boobaru; 08-02-2009, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X