tech opinion pt.II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tech opinion pt.II

the bushings on the shift forks inside the np242 had come loose and got fucked up when I spit a ujoint in wyoming.. causing my catastrophic failure into Sturgis, SD. I got everything off the jeep today and on inspection, I see that the gear selection "couplings" have maimed the shift forks, making them unusable.. what this all boils down to is this.. my options are

continue to search for a proper np242 and try to make a trade so the price is reasonable....

OR....

Weld the couplings into their proper places on the shaft, leaving the selection of 4wd options at only 4hi, full time, with the front driveshaft pulled..

what, in the eye's of SIS, would be more REAL!?

(it's a no brainer as to "real" but it is somewhat not smart.......)

weld the fucker. whats the worst that could happen?
    "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
    It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

btw, if rj shipped you a 242, you cant swap the shift fork and mix and match?
      "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...

Comment

oh, and you suck at making polls

Comment

just swap in a 231..

Comment

your staying with a friend right now right? if so wait for the parts n fix it right.

you do it the other way and something will break and then your stuck in the middle of nowhere, knowing nobody. will likely cost you more in the long run just to get home earlier.
            2 tj's
            3 yj's
            2 xj's
            i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

rent a truck and a trailer.
              I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

Working...
              X