who remembers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now i know about the scorpion

but any details on the other 2 pieces of badassery?
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

iirc govt mule was the first mid sized rig at top truck challenge.
      This is the one that started the 44" craze in hard core rock crawling! It has been seen in mags such as Perterson's 4-wheel and Offroad, Truckin', Off-road, 4-wheel drive and sport utility and of course Four-Wheeler. It has also been on TV programs on ESPN, TNN, Four-Wheeler TV, Travel Channel and Superlift TV. This truck was introduced at Top Truck in 1999 where it finished 5th, won the People's Choice award (vote of the competitors for the truck they would most like to own, other than their own) and had the most overall votes to attend this "invitation only" event. Built from the frame up in 1999, it's been rode hard, battered, beat-up and just plain abused. After years of wheeling from East to West, it has no doors, a cracked windshield and broken sliding back glass. It has lots of personality w/ it's many scratches, dents, dings & rust, but it still turns heads and gets lots of attention at any off-road park or truck show. As for the nuts and bolts, it's built on an 88 Ford F-150, 117" wheelbase frame. Modified '88 cab, '86 front clip and full custom bed. It has a custom 460 engine, 10 1/2 - 1 compression w/ Motor Craft 2-barrel carb., approx. 400 h.p. Also contains an aluminum radiator w/ on-board mister, an aluminum resevoir, a York ari compressor, single Optima battery (set up for 2) and being fully snorkled, is ready for a swim. N.P 435 transmission, 203 into 205 W.M.S. double cases, 1350 front yoke & 1410 rear T-case. 88 Dana 60 front 4.88 gears, A.R.B. locker, 35 spline stub axles, dry flange full time lock-outs. 14 blt. rear 4.88 gears, Detroit locker, disc brakes and a custom Hamilton skid-plate. 44" Boggers, 36 bolt M.R.W. (bead-lock) 12x15 wheels and a Ramsey 9500 winch. Custom Hamilton bumpers, a 2" exoskeleton, 3 x 3/8" thick nerf bars and way too much other "small stuff" to mention. It weighs out at approx. 8,000 lbs.
      for sale ad
      Last edited by Magilla; 07-28-2009, 09:23 PM.
      1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
      2001 wj tbd
      1974 5 ton

Comment

too bad boggers fucking suck in the rocks
        www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
          too bad boggers fucking suck in the rocks
          RJ

Comment

IT DID NOT ALWAYS ROCK BOGGERS TARD
            1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
            2001 wj tbd
            1974 5 ton

Comment

Tires are fucking Tires. They can be changed, easily, to the liking of the person owning the rig. Just because it has boggers doesn't make the rig ghey, and even if the tires gave it a smidgen of ghey, the rest of the vehicle makes up for the gheyness and easily cancles it out completely.

If it had procomps or fucking Thornbirds, then the rig would have more ghey than San Francisco.
              sigpic
              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

let it be known to everyone this is what i said to RJ

boggers are gay, the rig is sweet, but the tires are not

Comment

maybe they had to rock them due to the fact there was not a huge market for 44" tires in 1999. also you said the rigs where gay and that you would rather drive a prius. go back to jeep foru.... oh wait you got banned
                  2001 wj tbd
                  1974 5 ton

Comment

Not gonna lie, I wouldn't be taking the War Wagon on too many rocks. That thing is for plowing down trees and animals and houses and the rest of the known world including the undead as they stroll around looking for brains.
                    sigpic
                    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
                      you said the rigs where gay and that you would rather drive a prius
                      total falsification

Comment

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
                        total falsification
                        sorry you said extremely gay and a pink prius
                        2001 wj tbd
                        1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                          Not gonna lie, I wouldn't be taking the War Wagon on too many rocks. That thing is for plowing down trees and animals and houses and the rest of the known world including the undead as they stroll around looking for brains.
                          don't forget orphanages.
                          1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                          1999 sierra
                          1967 M725 Big and Slow
                          -Dan

Comment

all three of those rigs are fucking nuts. The scorpion well ahead of it's time with an insane cantilever suspension, that actually kept the wheels at about 25% weight each no matter how the suspension traveled. The war wagon phil pretty much covered, that thing will fuck up anything it goes near, i would rear end people for fun if i had that behemoth.

The mule is one of my favorite trucks. Especially with the beat ass body that is on it. Simple, strong parts, big power. That truck just looks like fun, and i believe it made it through the tank trap the year it competed in TTT
                            Last edited by Ruecifur; 07-28-2009, 09:54 PM.
                            Originally posted by Fast Orange
                            if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
                            Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                            I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

Phil you would want that war wagon but who wouldnt
                              93 xj blue with a hint of tree bark - Dead
                              90 xj pos blue renix - Gone
                              95 xj green - Soon to be 3", 33's, ford 9", JCR stage II sliders, some skids

Comment

Originally posted by Xjthextremesgirl View Post
                                Phil you would want that war wagon but who wouldnt

Perfectly stated
                                1998 XJ.....Finally.
                                1997 ZJ 4.0L....The wife's ride.

...And I'm a Mac

Comment

Working...
                                X