many pics from old orchard beach road trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• many pics from old orchard beach road trip

lately ive been working 6 days a week and just recently got done with a bigfoot promotion at work (reminds me to update some pics from that ). So after bigfoot saturday me and my girlfriend decided out of the blue to make a day long road trip up to Old Orchard Beach , Maine. Filled up our trusty Honda civic acquired from Alex a few months back (well 11.2 gallons total cost $30,03) and headed out 6:30am this morning. road trip up nothing special besides getting cut off a few times, seeing a few people pulled over.

is it bad to be doing 0mph down a highway

ive been spotted

visitor center

get up there and park close to the pier and walk to first shop to check out what they got and pic up some souvenirs. As soon as we walk in it starts downpouring out. Luckily it was just a passing shower and stopped a few minutes later. Our day goes by fine, check out the beach, the pier, the amusement park at the beach, bunch of shops and then got some fresh seafood for lunch. Left old orchard beach around 4:00pm and got stuck in traffic with on and off downpours. everyone is crazy drivers up there... Passed 2 accidents from people driving to fast/to close in the rain. So towards the end of our journey we were running low on gas and said "screw it lets see what the honda can do!" all was good until about 1/2 mile before our exit to go home. out of gas . car stalls out. tossed it in neutral and coasted it but wasnt going to make the offramp and then short trip to gas station. Cranked it over in neutral and it started back up, quickly brought it up to speed and made it off the highway and to the gas station as it stalled out again from no gas . True test for the honda. Fuel mileage for the trip was 37mpg.

funny shirt i seen

another shirt

harbor

sweet food joint

Last edited by 1cleantj; 07-26-2009, 10:33 PM.
    up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
    eliminator MJ - Sold
    99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
    Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

cool man! im taking a trip up on my bike next week. i hope its a bit nicer weather for me though
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by 1cleantj View Post
      is it bad to be doing 0mph down a highway
      thats one hot whip ya got there!
      I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
        thats one hot whip ya got there!
        thing is pimp, added a sticker to it, cut my 1/4 mile time down by 1 full second
        up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
        eliminator MJ - Sold
        99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
        Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Working...
        X