No announcement yet.

Jeep Motivation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheeling in general= my pops, he used to go trail riding with his buddies and id tag along

jeep= idk, i saw this newer looking cherokee sitting in my friends yard for like 6 months, decided i liked the way it looked and after doing some research found it was capable. offered his mom $180 bucks and i towed it home the next day.
    dirty30

Comment

I wanted to build a lifted ZJ, I had never seen one always wranglers ((cj,yj,tj), xjs even a few j trucks but never ZJs.

So once i graduated i had reieved a full scholarship to three rivers community college and took my savings and bought the ZJ lifting it only to have a good friend buy one lifted the same day i picked mine up.

But to this day mines still bigger and more built

Besides what else would i drive a blazer?
      https://sisoffroad.com/forums/core/i...smilies/us.gif 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 https://sisoffroad.com/forums/core/i...smilies/us.gif
      https://sisoffroad.com/forums/core/i...smilies/us.gif 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport https://sisoffroad.com/forums/core/i...smilies/us.gif
      94,95,97 ZJ~SOLD 97,97 TJ~SOLD 00' F350~SOLD

Comment

I always wanted a Jeep as a kid and especially after my cousin bought his CJ as his first car and built it up over the years and sold it on me right before I got my license. Then when we turned 16, one of my friend's got a YJ off of his mom's friend and made me really want a Wrangler. I kept looking at them but my parents wouldn't loan me money for anything since I had a car(a saucy little 92 loyale wagon) that was free. Another friend kept looking at them and had been wanting a black or patriot blue cherokee and got me looking at them. Once I started working and making decent money, I started looking at buying cars and decided I wanted to get a Jeep but my father was never a fan of Wranglers and so I started to look at Cherokees and came home with mine a few weeks later. Cherokees were super popular in our high school, but only one kid had a lifted one; just lots of kids with manik grill guards,taillight guards and ridiculous stereos. Because of this, I didn't really want one for a while.

Comment

well I'm a chevy guy, always have been always will. Then one day a fella by the name of Drewseff Q. Gleacher came home with a cherokee. He bought a lift that cost a 1/3 the cost of a lift for the chebby and started wheelin. I went to mabell with him that summer and then joined here with the wannabejeep name. Hung around for a while, realized the badassary, and finally last year I gottajeep. I would say SIS influenced me like 95%.
          1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
          1999 sierra
          1967 M725 Big and Slow
          -Dan

Comment

for an 04 TJ to have little to no computer assisted anything was great for me. I was one of those vehicles that you can still open the hood and wrench on while still maintaining the warrenty.

not to mention parts are cheap, it's easily modified with damn near anything you want to throw at it, and it is a personality. I am Fealy with the jeep. My jeep is part of me, it is an expression.

Not many vehicles can let you do that.

Comment

i love begin in the woods. (hiking quads dirtbikes ect.) and once i got a ride in a jeep in offroad i was hooked. and it seemed jeeps were a natural choice. there are a bunch of oldschool jeep dudes in my area. i learned a lot from them and that jeeps are more about having a good time out in the woods and hanging out in the garage with buddies doing work on your jeep then anything else
              "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Working...
              X