Whale Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whale Wars

Im sitting in my room watching this show. Ive never seen it before, and I dont really know 100% what its about, but basically it looks like these guys are trying to fuck with boats that hunt whales. They try to tangle up their propellers, throw stink bombs on board, ect.

Now, how is what they are doing legal. If you were driving down the highway chucking shit at other cars, you'd land your self in jail. These guys are doing it out on the high seas, is this how they are able to get away with it? Are there any laws stopping the whalers from just wasting these mother fuckers with some guns? What the hell, id be pissed if someone was fucking with my ship.

Also, whaling is legal, right, these guys are just a bunch of tree hugging hippies?

Originally posted by Mike View Post
    Im sitting in my room watching this show. Ive never seen it before, and I dont really know 100% what its about, but basically it looks like these guys are trying to fuck with boats that hunt whales. They try to tangle up their propellers, throw stink bombs on board, ect.

Now, how is what they are doing legal. If you were driving down the highway chucking shit at other cars, you'd land your self in jail. These guys are doing it out on the high seas, is this how they are able to get away with it? Are there any laws stopping the whalers from just wasting these mother fuckers with some guns? What the hell, id be pissed if someone was fucking with my ship.

Also, whaling is legal, right, these guys are just a bunch of tree hugging hippies?
    They are the definition of tree huggers. I honestly don't know how the show is broadcast. As far as I know what they are doing is not legal, nor is it illegal. I think they get away with it because everything they show is in international waters. It is bullshit if you ask me. These pansy ass hippies hardly ever land their chemical bombs and stink bombs and everything else on the other ships deck...welll....guess where it goes. BACK IN THE FUCKING WATER, WITH THE WHALES! Their justification for driving that massive destroyer sized ship through the ocean is probably killing more sea life via pollution than the god dam poachers would if no one was around to bother them. Its a miracle no one has shot them yet.
    Last edited by Adam; 07-18-2009, 07:12 AM.
    2000 XJ
    2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

im not really sure what this show is, i know they were doing one on the shark hunting and how bad that is :-\
      2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
      J10 project do want.
      "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

They are such idiots..

BUT I LOVE THIS SHOW

oh, to see to ships ramming each other... (EPICX)

Comment

Good cause...
          Stupid ways, and stupid show.
          Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

This show seriously pisses me off for several reasons. I really lost it when they threw some sort of slippery shit on the deck of the whale boat. From experience, I know when a ship is pitching, its hard enough to walk. Now if someone when outside and fell overboard because of the stuff on the deck it would be almost impossible to save them. Also, if something happened to the ship, it would make it difficult to get to a lifeboat. These people should be treated as pirates IMO.
            I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

yeah, they should. I guess the whalers are using devices that can blow out your ear drums, and its working sort of. Some of them use water canons. Others were using flashbangs. I think they should just shoot the hippies with guns. That'll teach em.

Comment

guns aren't allowed on the high sea

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  yeah, they should. I guess the whalers are using devices that can blow out your ear drums, and its working sort of. Some of them use water canons. Others were using flashbangs. I think they should just shoot the hippies with guns. That'll teach em.
                  The Japanese can't own guns anyway. What do you want them to use, sling shots?
                  sigpic
                  Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

crossbow.

Comment

Yeah, they could use those.

They are just a bunch of Attention Whores really.
                      sigpic
                      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

k, this episode 6, really.... they should edit the entire season into a two hour event.... this is just DRAGGGGGGING on

Comment

i think the general idea of the show (and the reason they use to harass the japanese whalers) is that the japanese are whaling in the Australian owned waters off of Antarctica where whaling is completely banned. I think that is their reason, though I am definitely not sure about that. either way whaling is a bummer, but they are certainly not doing much to really stop it. the way i see it, they should have used the millions and millions of dollars it cost to build and run that ship to and........done something useful....or awesome....like funding a whole league of brown bear hockey teams. that shit is awesome

Comment

The thing is, actual whaling is illegal. However, the japanese are allowed to catch a certain number of them to do scientific research on. Whether they do that or not I don't know, but they sell the meat back in japan. However, they claim that the whales are used for science first, so the legality is questionable.

That japanese sound weapon is pretty sweet. I guess it drops you to your knees and the person operating it doesn't hear that much noise coming from the weapon.

That being said, I watched a marathon of that show one day and ended up being furious. It does drag on forever and some of those people pissed me off.
                            1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                            1999 sierra
                            1967 M725 Big and Slow
                            -Dan

Comment

I watched that marathon as well. Whaling itself has been banned since the 80s. However there is a loophole where so many whales can be killed for reserach. Once those whales are killed no part of the whale can be wasted so the Japenese just can the rest of the whale. And it is sold for a ton of money.
                              2000 XJ with goodies soon to be in pieces
                              1999 XJ will get most of the 2000XJ doodads.

Comment

Working...
                              X