Mileage..what do you suggest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mileage..what do you suggest?

Im looking around at used jeeps preferably a wrangler or cherokee. Some of the ones ive looked are between '94-'98 and vary between 120k to 170k miles. If i was to get a used one for some years what mileage would you prefer? There was a '95 with 170k miles and a 98' with 135k miles, but even the wrangler with 170k miles says there's nothing wrong with it, and has had some basic tune up repairs. Do you still suggest a jeep w/ lower mileage even though there is one w/ higher mileage, but nothing wrong with it?
    "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but rising up everytime we fail."

-Melanie-

if i were to get a jeep i would be driving for a few years to come it would be under 130k
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

depends whats wrong with the jeep with lower mileage. normally lower milage is better but with that I6 it doesnt really matter they are good for 300k easy
      98 XJ 4.5 32inch cooper STT DC-1 black KC daylighters 4.10s

Its not just a jeep.

Comment

lower the better.

dont get a YJ if you plan to DD it.

Comment

Originally posted by treadlightly5337 View Post
          but with that I6 it doesnt really matter they are good for 300k easy
          mines on its way out at 170k. if it wasnt maintained the first 100k miles of its life, theres nothing you can do about it.

Comment

I would think the lower mileage as well, but some of the ones im coming across with higher mileage are in almost better condition w/ more benefits at a lower price.

-Melanie-

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
              mines on its way out at 170k. if it wasnt maintained the first 100k miles of its life, theres nothing you can do about it.
              interesting, i went to high school with a kid that had a yj and he did the best he could to kill it and he had no luck with it. the jeep was also plowed with still wouldnt die
              98 XJ 4.5 32inch cooper STT DC-1 black KC daylighters 4.10s

Its not just a jeep.

Comment

lower the better.

y
                "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
                  y
                  every YJ ive driven, lifted and stock, drives and rides like crap.

Comment

every YJ ive driven, lifted and stock, drives and rides like crap.
                    you ride like crap.

my 2000 ford ranger drives worse then my old yj

Comment

u own a ford ranger? how has this not been hit by drew yet? or was it
                      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                      Originally posted by DizzDizz
                      aliens probed my husband

Comment

i do, i just got it last week. and she is pristine, not hit by anyone. i guess im missing out on one hell of an inside joke, lol

Comment

my friends 00 ranger drives a lot better than any YJ ive driven.

damn stalemates.

Comment

lower the better.

Two of the 3 im looking at are YJ's, one is a TJ, but im looking around for maybe a late '00 XJ.

One of my friends had TJ an it wasnt too bad to drive around in and it lasted a long time.

-Melanie-

Comment

TJ > YJ any day of the week.

XJs are great bc theyre cheap and function well. TJs are TJs so you pay more for em.

Comment

Working...
                              X