No announcement yet.

this is how every hero should be brought home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched this video and it made me proud to live in this country, and then I read this thread and it made me every more proud. Even as I got mad and upset at Mike for what he said, the fact is he lives in this country, and that soldier died to give Mike the right to say what he said. So I will simply look at this and let Mike think or say what he wants, because that it what the soldier died for, it is what he wanted.
    -Matt
    Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by XJcrazy00 View Post
      I watched this video and it made me proud to live in this country, and then I read this thread and it made me every more proud. Even as I got mad and upset at Mike for what he said, the fact is he lives in this country, and that soldier died to give Mike the right to say what he said. So I will simply look at this and let Mike think or say what he wants, because that it what the soldier died for, it is what he wanted.
      surely, I'll be martyred for this comment;

I find internet postings such as this one on the same level or very close to the same level as the Nazi propaganda schemes that went on back in the day.

Don't get me wrong. I think it's great to sport a love for your country. But just like the nazi's of old, we as the public are so blind and ignorant to the things going on behind the scenes. The wars we wage or partake in for that matter are hardly seen as "self defense". Use the arguement of best defense is a good offense all you want, but there ought to be a point where we become accountable for gross misconduct if only in the eyes of others.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawky Clause View Post
        surely, I'll be martyred for this comment;

I find internet postings such as this one on the same level or very close to the same level as the Nazi propaganda schemes that went on back in the day.

Don't get me wrong. I think it's great to sport a love for your country. But just like Every other country, we as the public are so blind and ignorant to the things going on behind the scenes. The wars we wage or partake in for that matter are hardly seen as "self defense". Use the arguement of best defense is a good offense all you want, but there ought to be a point where we become accountable for gross misconduct if only in the eyes of others.
        Fixed.

The only problem I had with that was you just compared it to Nazi Germany, when in fact, everyone does it. Every country has their form of Propaganda. Christ, the Russians were shelling out how great their country was while killing its own citizens during WWII. We actually fought the Russians in WWII in Scandinavia, as the first recorded American death was in Finland by Russian hands. The Japanese used propaganda to create the Kamikaze and even when it failed, they encouraged it more. The Japanese propaganda machine was actually so strong that Japanese soldiers were found to still be fighting the war up until the 1960s (!, and even later) on small remote islands in the Pacific.

When Bush was president, they compared him to Hitler, and now that Obama is president with a totally different out look on social and political policies, we still compare him to Hitler. When you compare ANYTHING to Nazi Germany, you lose credibility because is seems every war, act of genocide and general misfortune is compared to the doings of the Nazi Party in WWII. It gets old and quite frankly, it is a poor comparison anyway.

I would hardly consider a video of a soldier with a glorified burial as over the top Nazi-esque propaganda anyway. In fact that video is simply a drop in the bucket compared to the leftist propaganda the media shoves down our throat, about how terrible war is and how we should all sit around a fire and sing Kumbaya. I'm not condoning war, but lets face it, it has been around a lot longer then all of us and it is never going away.
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
          Fixed.

The only problem I had with that was you just compared it to Nazi Germany, when in fact, everyone does it. Every country has their form of Propaganda. Christ, the Russians were shelling out how great their country was while killing its own citizens during WWII. We actually fought the Russians in WWII in Scandinavia, as the first recorded American death was in Finland by Russian hands. The Japanese used propaganda to create the Kamikaze and even when it failed, they encouraged it more. The Japanese propaganda machine was actually so strong that Japanese soldiers were found to still be fighting the war up until the 1960s (!, and even later) on small remote islands in the Pacific.

When Bush was president, they compared him to Hitler, and now that Obama is president with a totally different out look on social and political policies, we still compare him to Hitler. When you compare ANYTHING to Nazi Germany, you lose credibility because is seems every war, act of genocide and general misfortune is compared to the doings of the Nazi Party in WWII. It gets old and quite frankly, it is a poor comparison anyway.

I would hardly consider a video of a soldier with a glorified burial as over the top Nazi-esque propaganda anyway. In fact that video is simply a drop in the bucket compared to the leftist propaganda the media shoves down our throat, about how terrible war is and how we should all sit around a fire and sing Kumbaya. I'm not condoning war, but lets face it, it has been around a lot longer then all of us and it is never going away.
          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
          Originally posted by DizzDizz
          aliens probed my husband

Comment

Ryan
            2013 Wrangler

Comment

maybe it's just me and I hate having to see things like this every time I come on the board. Trust me, I'm not trying to make complaints right now, but to me, it's(patriotism) just like eating so much of a certain food for so long because it was sooo good, you begin to hate it, and eventually are disgusted by it.

Some of the older members know me, I play devil's advocate enough. But by that you guys also know I'm pretty much against mainstream views of beliefs about this or that.

Comment

maybe it's just me and I hate having to see things like this every time I come on the board. Trust me, I'm not trying to make complaints right now, but to me, it's(patriotism) just like eating so much of a certain food for so long because it was sooo good, you begin to hate it, and eventually are disgusted by it.

Some of the older members know me, I play devil's advocate enough. But by that you guys also know I'm pretty much against mainstream views of beliefs about this or that.
                I hate when that happens. No more Cherry Flavored sparkling water for me.
                Or American Flags.
                Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Yup, just like everyone else.
                  sigpic
                  Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

real patriots shove this up their asses:

thats right... the "asscroft" butt plug
                    Originally posted by Fast Orange
                    if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
                    Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                    I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

Working...
                    X