Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound

Anyone in here up to date with sound systems? Im not happy with the sound im getting when the jeep is all open. yes i know its not gonna be as loud as when tis closed up because of the wind and such but i feel like it could be better...

or im just being picky. i dunno lol

is it worth it to look into getting better speakers or something???
    2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
    J10 project do want.
    "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

i just put one of these in my yj with a set of kicker speakers and with no top or doors its still loud and sounds good
    http://www.quadratec.com/products/14136_03.htm

Comment

she has a JK
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

If I were you I would get a subwoofer. When you're in a jeep with the top off you seem to lose the low end sound. In my friend's YJ he had a sub and it really filled out the sound even with the top and doors off.

You could also look into some better speakers. I have infinity speakers in mine and I love them.
        1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
        1999 sierra
        1967 M725 Big and Slow
        -Dan

Comment

sorry...thought they made it for a jk but i guess not

Comment

have an ipod? want to spend some cash?

buy an alpine full ipod control head unit (they make real nice ones) and get a set of dookin speakers and a sub. even a small 8" sealed enclosure will really boost the low end which is what your losing most with the top off. the factory speaker size is a massive 6 3/4" so pick up some polk, infinity, rockford fostgate, or boston acoustic speakers to fit. spend some extra money and get component speakers (they have the tweeter separate so it can be mounted higher, making the sound more direct- also important sans top and doors).

go to a car audio place and bargain with them, theyll work with you and then install everything properly.

Comment

if i get a sub doesnt that mean i need new speakers too? i really dont know so forgive my stupid n00b questions hahaha

i do have an ipod, not TONS of cash since im saving for tyaz

im just worried if i go to some auto sound place they will just be like oh look a girl who has no idea what shes talking about with car audio...lets rip her off.
              J10 project do want.

Comment

Originally posted by Quartney View Post
                if i get a sub doesnt that mean i need new speakers too? i really dont know so forgive my stupid n00b questions hahaha

i do have an ipod, not TONS of cash since im saving for tyaz

im just worried if i go to some auto sound place they will just be like oh look a girl who has no idea what shes talking about with car audio...lets rip her off.
                audio places can wire for a sub without putting in new speakers, but its a pain in the ass if you have the stock head unit (stereo). if you get a new head unit, it can be wired no problem. ask around, im sure you have friends or friends of friends that have had installs done. its really not hard to do yourself if you feel like digging into that also.

Comment

i know JKs (some models) came with tweeters already on the dash. and some came with a sub in the rear. if you have a baseline i'm sure you have none of the goodies.

even an 8inch sub in a box is going to murder cargo space.

with my lj, even with an alpine headunit. polk components momo in the speaker pods. i often have to turn the volume up way past what my headunit can supply. i really need a 4 channel.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan10 View Post
                    i often have to turn the volume up way past what my headunit can supply. i really need a 4 channel.
                    i never felt the need for an amp until my RS came with a 5 channel for the 4 speakers and the 8" sub. holy fuck does it make a huge difference.

Comment

don't you say that, i'm in denial that it will make a big difference. no actually my wallet is in denial. some people are firm believers that its the POWER you give the driver.

Comment

dont even bother with a sub. it will get stolen. the shitty side of owning a wrangler. ask me how i know.

an aftermarket headunit with good output (at least 50X4, possible 60X4) and a set of nice speakers will do wonders. without a sub you can only do so much for bass but it will still sound nice.
                        Last edited by Arundlemcbrundle; 07-01-2009, 03:14 PM.
                        2 tj's
                        3 yj's
                        2 xj's
                        i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

i do have tweeters on the dash

i do have an alpine headunit also from my car, but i have satellite radio and LOVE it haha dont wanna lose it.

and my sound friend is my exboyfriend whos new girlfriend wont let him talk to me...soooo yeah cant ask him for help lol
                          J10 project do want.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan10 View Post
                            don't you say that, i'm in denial that it will make a big difference. no actually my wallet is in denial. some people are firm believers that its the POWER you give the driver.
                            its not the power, its the quality. the THD of the amp rises exponentially as volume increases. with the amp my speakers simply do not distort until im the head is pretty much all the way up. sony head unit and rockford 500W (100x5) nominal amp, mb quartz speakers and a mtx 8" sub.

my infintys in the jeep distort a lot faster with essentially the same head unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Quartney View Post
                              i do have tweeters on the dash

i do have an alpine headunit also from my car, but i have satellite radio and LOVE it haha dont wanna lose it.

and my sound friend is my exboyfriend whos new girlfriend wont let him talk to me...soooo yeah cant ask him for help lol
                              the alpine and the sat radio will both go in no prob. you can leave the stock speakers and drive em til you blow em- most newer factory speakers are pretty decent.

measure your trunk space and see if this will fit:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_204BTA8...h=bazooka+tube

Comment

Working...
                              X