EHM finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EHM finished

So today was the revealing of the Extreme Home Makeover house in town. Here's some pics of demo and the house before and after.

Before:

Demo:

Framework:

After:

I stood outside for 4hours today in a VIP section w/ my dad waiting for the family to arrive! It was most amazing to see them so happy.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but rising up everytime we fail."

-Melanie-

Do you know what it's going to cost to heat that thing!?!?!?
    ugh.
    Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

not even heat what about property taxes?
      1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
      2001 wj tbd
      1974 5 ton

Comment

Oh yeah! They put in a special environment friendly heating an cooling systems. I forget what its called, but its a thing where theres liquid that travels down thru these pipes to the ground and it heats it up or cools it down depending and then travels back up to the house. Its like 80k i heard. But its energy efficient and earth friendly.

-Melanie-

Comment

geo-thermal heat
          1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
          2001 wj tbd
          1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
            geo-thermal heat
            Yup thats the name.

-Melanie-

Comment

Originally posted by Riot View Post
              Do you know what it's going to cost to heat that thing!?!?!?
              ugh.
              And I bet my old house cost more to heat with a 2 story atrium taking up 1/4 of the roof. Yeah, that was NOT cheap to heat.
              sigpic
              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

whoa. what a change lmao, id get lost in a house like that
                2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
                J10 project do want.
                "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

House goes down and back. Its 5,500 square feet. Theres a half court basketball court in the back yard and a really nice back patio w/ a grilling section an another section for a fire pit too.

-Melanie-

Comment

if these etreme house people wanna just come and redo my back yard id be totally down. fire pit and hot tub please thanks!
                    2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
                    J10 project do want.
                    "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

haha It looked like my house before the demo.

I have crazy heat in my new house. It's called radiant heat. It's a series of tubes filled with warm water that are under each floor and in the basement floor. Basically I'll never step foot on cold floors again in the winter. Works pretty good too.
                      1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                      1999 sierra
                      1967 M725 Big and Slow
                      -Dan

Comment

my school (where courtney USED to go too) school has one of the biggest geo-thermal heating systems in the country, apparently people come from all over to learn about it.
                        Last edited by Pedro; 06-29-2009, 08:11 PM.
                        P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                        2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                        OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Wow. They can totally come tear my house down and build me a completely different one. Freaking crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post

I have crazy heat in my new house. It's called radiant heat. It's a series of tubes filled with warm water that are under each floor and in the basement floor. Basically I'll never step foot on cold floors again in the winter. Works pretty good too.
                            heated floors ftw

i lovee them

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post

I have that under my garage floor/part of the driveway.
                              -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X