Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Origins of "Real" (A 20k post thread). Long, and epic in nature.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Origins of "Real" (A 20k post thread). Long, and epic in nature.

The origins of "Real"™, though a significant piece of popular culture on SiS, it is something that has alluded even some of the most seasoned SiS veterans.

If your attention span is short, I suggest you step back now, forever unknowing the meaning behind this great term.

It has stood the tests of time, and has formed an entire community around both the usage of the word itself, and the very lifestyle it embodies.
    To be Real™ is something that all large-tire wielding red blooded Americans strive for, whether they realize it or not. It is a subconscious primal instinct.

The year was 2005, the seasons were in the process of change from the barrens of northeast winter to the rainy season of spring. "SiSOffRoad" was merely a joke amongst friends, a casual mentioning. No such website existed, nor was there any real organization associated with the term, it existed simply as an idea. A notion. It was the days of HeavyMetalJeep.com, the days of yesteryear, so to speak. Very little evidence of the HeavyMetalJeep remain to this day, artificats sparsely spread throughout the layered history of the great internet.

These were the days where the once triumphant "Joker4ink" (Wide-J) and his Jeep resembled nothing more than this exact image (Taken from the HMJ archives)

The year went on just like any other year before it. Until one faithful day. Jeff Valentine, yes the same Jeff Valentine who has sold his Jeep for a Subaru Impreza WRX STi, took a trip to Paragon Adventure Park with the now defunct CTJeep.
    Upon reaching Paragon, much to his surprise he met with someone who we will only refer to as "yellow CJ" (name classified).

Archived picture:

He was someone who we all had wheeled with time and time again, but was not officially a part of the idea of SiSOffRoad, a renegade on the outskirts of the wheeling society, if you will. No, this man was a part of the venerable "BFH Off Road". BFH Off Road, (as you can imagine, creatively stands for big fucking hammmer) born through the trials of high school time. A high school jeep club amongst 4 boys. Consequently, the birth of SiSOffRoad owes its entirety to BFH Off Road, as the mere mockery of that acronym "BFH" brought "SiS" (Stuck in Shit) to life.
    So as Jeff sat in the Paragon staging area with yellowcj, they discussed wheeling, vehicle setups, the usual. Jeff and yellowcj had never been acquainted before, so on came the question of whether he (yellowcj) was familiar with a HeavyMetal (Will) or QuarryAdams (Corey) from Fairfield.
    Upon hearing this question, yellowcj snickered to himself as he stepped onto his soap box in the sky, glancing over at his yellowcj and then back at Jeff in a holier than thou sense. What escaped his throat next would forever define an off road club, one that would grow to be the largest in the state of CT and arguably the most active community by far in the tri-state area and beyond as a whole.
    "Will and Corey? Those guys arent real Jeepers, theyre just Fairfield posers."
    Not real jeepers, he exclaimed.

Real Jeepers. The definition of a "real jeeper" is something that is up to the interpretation of many, but for all sakes of argument, to yellowcj, we were simply not real jeepers. We were unworthy of such a title, as it is only bestowed upon those who truly "get it" in the jeep culture, something that clearly alluded us at the time according to the jeep gods themselves. Who those gods are, well, yellowcj must have clearly been one given the circumstances, as the decision had been made in earnest, and there wasnt a damn thing we could do about it except hope that one day we could fill the shoes of a real jeeper.

And with that, Valentine scoffed, walking towards his budget boosted TJ to tackle the terrain of Paragon, only to pass the story along to his fellow fake jeepers upon his return to CT.

Thus began the rise of SiSOffRoad as you see it today.

HeavyMetalJeep faded into the history of past internet, and the first site was launched in November, 2005
    Fossil evidence displays the site in its state on the day it was launched, never before unveiled after its closure:
    http://www.freewebs.com/mrmontez2000/index3.htm

The first SiS decals ever printed.

As time went on the site grew further more.

A new rendition was made.

http://www.freewebs.com/mrmontez2000/index1.html

It's growing band of rebels
    http://www.freewebs.com/mrmontez2000/MemberPage.html

it was determined that those who were unsure if they were in fact, real, needed a way to decide and be told as such.
    A quiz was made.
    http://www.freewebs.com/mrmontez2000/Realness.htm

A symbol was devised. A staple of being "real". Yellowcj ran a tennis ball on his CB whip, likely to avoid damage to his hardtop as the whip swung against it during hardcore real wheeling. Only the realest would need such a mod to their jeep, as any normal wheeler would not be at risk of sustaining any great damage from a mere CB whip, but the hardships and strains from a real wheeling experience COMMANDS such a mod to be made, for the better of the structural integrity of their jeep.
    So in a desperate grasp for realness, and a bold display of defiance, QuarryAdams traveled to the SiS HQ and installed such a mod on his less than real Jeep, with only hope and dreams on his side.

Trumpets blared, children cried, and kings died. A new era had begun.

The site underwent many changes in its day, seemingly constantly revealing a new face.

http://www.freewebs.com/mrmontez2000/index2.html

The story of SiS is a long and winding road of realness, ownage, community war, and trail tales that put even the most seasoned "real jeeper" from other communities to shame. But this has been the tale of Real. One that has defined a generation of wheelers.

One day we all hope to achieve the apex of life, being determined "Real" by a jeep god. It brings great sorrow for me to pass the news along that even the most real human being (self proclaimed) to have ever set foot behind the steering wheel of a jeep, yellowcj, has since sold his yellowcj and to the best of my knowledge is now out of the jeep scene. And the once lively BFH Off Road, has long since been dead, left only to wallow in the tides of time with its once popular counterpart, CTJeep.

Thus is the life of a Realness Warrior.

- Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

I am speechless.

So many memories.
    Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Wow, I laughed, I cried, I sang! That might of been the most epic post on or its variants EVER! Amazing 20,000 post
      -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

That is as REAL as it gets.
        2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
        • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
        • 4.0/42rle/np241or
        • 5.13's
        • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
        • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

proud to be apart of this.

well done good sir. yesyes.
          2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
          J10 project do want.
          "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

It's funny, because I see 'YellowCJ' all the time. He and his father are very good customers of mine.

But yes, We kick ass. Only a few remain from the Original SiSers, but we still remain a strong club.

A history that most countries wish they had.

Though, a mention to that glorious day when Corey Adams cut open a Tennis Ball and donned it on his CB whip just so he could be real like YellowCJ would be appropriate for spite.
            Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 06-22-2009, 10:00 AM.
            sigpic
            Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post

Though, a mention to that glorious day when Corey Adams cut open a Tennis Ball and donned it on his CB whip just so he could be real like YellowCJ would be appropriate for spite.

adding this shit!

edit: added!
              - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

awesome post. you didn't lie, it's most definitely epic.

mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

bravo
                  I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

wowies

Comment

well dog my cat. That was a sick 20k post
                      1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                      1999 sierra
                      1967 M725 Big and Slow
                      -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Quine View Post
                        bravo
                        Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

where is the mention of jdm as fuck? awesome well thought out and written.
                          1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                          2001 wj tbd
                          1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
                            where is the mention of jdm as fuck? awesome well thought out and written.
                            too new for classic vintage sis
                            - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

fine then i get a mention at 30000
                              1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                              2001 wj tbd
                              1974 5 ton

Comment

Working...
                              X