• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will happen? (Poll )

So, I bought a 600cc crotch rocket. Specifically, this one:

from Tom

Vote in the poll

In all honestly though, im taking the Motorcycle Safety Foundation riders course. I say this now , I dont plan on riding like an asshole but im young and stupid so we will see what happens. I dont plan on killing myself, or getting (too many) tickets.

And tom

The money has been sent!

Michael, you have sent $400.00 USD to Tom.
    We have sent you a receipt for this transaction, and an email has been sent to your recipient. View transaction details
    Im gonna be a smart person and not get tickets or wreck
    20.00%
    Im gonna speed like a mother fucker and lose my license
    15.00%
    Im gonna speed like a mother fucker and lose my life
    20.00%
    Im gonna join a biker gang
    15.00%
    A & D
    30.00%
    Last edited by Mike; 06-22-2009, 06:41 AM.

I certainly would hope the first one. Be careful and have fun. You really just have to ride thinking everyone in a car is out to kill you. Be safe Mike.

Comment

Yeah, I actually dont like speeding anymore ( I say that now ) but I learned my lesson when i was younger and havent had any tickets in almost 3 years. When I was 16 I was fucking around on a dirtbike doing a wheelie and ran out of road. I panicked and when the front wheel hit the ground I grabbed the front brakes and went head over and slammed my face into the ground. Cracked the helmet in 2. Thought i was gonna be paralyzed. I could stand up for almost 5 minutes, pretty sure it was just shock, my legs were shaking so hard. I defiently gained a lot of respect for motorcycles and the power and danger involved with em.

Probably wont be out riding on busy roads or highways, lots of rural 2 lane highways through the hills and country side of virginia, will give me a chance to explore.

Would it even be possible to make the 500 mile trip home to CT on a crotch rocket or would that be asking too much?

Comment

B
        I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

Be careful!
          HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
          OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

A and D. Good luck Mike. Ride safe.
            -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

you can ride smart and still wreck, so throw that option out the window

its not a matter of IF, its a matter of WHEN
              "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post

this man speaks the truth
                1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                2001 wj tbd
                1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  Yeah, I actually dont like speeding anymore ( I say that now ) but I learned my lesson when i was younger and havent had any tickets in almost 3 years. When I was 16 I was fucking around on a dirtbike doing a wheelie and ran out of road. I panicked and when the front wheel hit the ground I grabbed the front brakes and went head over and slammed my face into the ground. Cracked the helmet in 2.

Probably wont be out riding on busy roads or highways, lots of rural 2 lane highways through the hills and country side of virginia, will give me a chance to explore.

Would it even be possible to make the 500 mile trip home to CT on a crotch rocket or would that be asking too much?
                  atleast you pulled the front brake.just not so hard next time.probly would of been worse if you just used the back brake.

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post

pretty much. i try to save my riding like an idiot for when im off the pavement
                    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

youre gang material mike
                      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                      Originally posted by DizzDizz
                      aliens probed my husband

Comment

The MSF course is pretty good, a learned quite a few things from it. And no a 500mi trip home on the bike would not work out for you so well. I did about a 300mi trip to Utah and that was killing my back. Not to mention how big of a flat spot I got on my tires from doing that.

Comment

You'll shoot your eye out, kid!
                          Just be careful with that thing. With a bit of respect, you'll have alot of fun without death.

Comment

once comfortable with it, you can ride any distance. its the hours that start getting uncomfortable. around 3 my knees ache but im tall.

you will speed like crazy, get pulled over a buncha times but the cops will love the af and just the fact that you stopped. you might end up getting a ticket or 2 but no biggie. i cant vote in the poll because you will be smart, not wreck, and speed like crazy while keeping your license and your life.

most important thing to know when riding: you are invisible. ride defensively. i wouldnt go faster than 60 the first 2 weeks i had it but then i started getting comfy.

oh- wouldnt do full throttle til youre on the bike at least a month. shit pulls like crazy and its not that youll flip over in a wheelie, youll simply fly off the bike.
                            winng. all the goddamned time.

**MY STATEMENTS AND/OR OPINIONS IN NO WAY REFLECT THOSE OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT.

Comment

Working...
                            X