Big Happenings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Happenings

So, this morning around 9am the Extreme Home Makeover with their huge ass bus and camera crews pulls up right outside our neighborhood! A family in boring ass Suffield is now in the process of being sent to Disney while Ty and his crew do their house. It's so incredible, i was down there this afternoon taking pics and watching the parade of volunteers walk up the street!

I think its so incredible for this to be happening to this family and in our town. They most deserve it with a family that has 13 kids in a 1 story house. The parents bring kids into their house and their father is away often on missionary trips and they are involved heavily with three of the churches in our town. They not exactly poor, but not exactly wealthy, but its amazing for the things these two adults do for their family (an extended family they invited into their home).

I got some pics if anyone is interested in it, the show, or in general thinks this is pretty amazing...yet again for a deserving family in Ct. I even found out that one of the designers they brought in for the show is Xzibit from Pimp my Ride.
    Last edited by Mel; 06-21-2009, 03:50 PM.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but rising up everytime we fail."

-Melanie-

Thats pretty cool. They did a house locally around here in Manchester NH. Its nice to see that its not like typical tv shows where it only happens out west.
    Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

they did one in voluntown ct also. house is sweet. its a castle

Comment

thats the second or third one in ct. they did one right near bridgeport last year

Comment

you beat me to it. i think voluntown is the one i was thinking of

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangeryj View Post
            thats the second or third one in ct. they did one right near bridgeport last year
            Yeah, i saw the episode of the one in voluntown last season and i read a little about the one in bridgeport. Its definitely nice its one of those shows that do get around. So exciting though when its actually in your town. Im sure ill be there taking pics throughout the process...

-Melanie-

Comment

pics?
              I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

On the porch changing his shoes is that well known designer (cant remember his name)

This is the volunteer crew people w/ the builders. The braveheart parade

Ty was playing basketball and talking to some lady

And here is Xzibit

That is all for now, but i hope ill be able to get pics of some of the demolition.

-Melanie-

Comment

awesome
                  I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

wait. xzibit or whatever his name is is on this show?

Comment

they gonna throw some Ds on that bitch?

Comment

cool
                        4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

YO WE PUT A LITTLE HOUSE IN YO BIG HOUSE SO YOUR LITTLE KIDS CAN PLAY HOUSE WHILE IN YO HOUSE
                          www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
                            wait. xzibit or whatever his name is is on this show?
                            No hes not on the show, but for this episode they brought him in as a designer. I dont want this to come out the wrong way, but the family is one of few black families in our town, so im thinking they might have done that to personalize it a little more. After all im not fully sure on the story an who voted them into the show..probably have to wait an see until the actual show airs sometime after sept 27th.

-Melanie-

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                              YO WE PUT A LITTLE HOUSE IN YO BIG HOUSE SO YOUR LITTLE KIDS CAN PLAY HOUSE WHILE IN YO HOUSE
                              mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                              2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                              and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Working...
                              X