FN Phil900 (10:34:00 PM): I LOVE LIBERALS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruecifur View Post
    Anarchy (from Greek: ἀναρχία anarchía, "without ruler") may refer to any of the following:
    "No rulership or enforced authority." [1]
    "Absence of government; a state of lawlessness due to the absence or inefficiency of the supreme power; political disorder."[2]
    "A social state in which there is no governing person or group of persons, but each individual has absolute liberty (without the implication of disorder)."[3]
    "Absence or non-recognition of authority and order in any given sphere."[4]
    A society free from coercive authority of any kind is the goal of proponents of the political philosophy of anarchism (anarchists).
    Independent from rule or authority.
    Legitimacy of a state is gained through consent, not through coercion.

no where in there does it say anything about chaos. Anarchy is having faith in yourself, and not needing central control to tell you what you can and can't do
    EXACTLY. Faith in ones self, no one or GOVERNMENT telling you otherwise.

That is why Anarchy and Capitalism go hand in hand.

the people who call themselves anarchists yet vote constantly to EXPAND GOVERNMENT CONTROL is what gets me going.

Ever since the 1960s and the formation of Punk Music did people instantly associate Anarchy with Chaos whereas true Anarchy is the exact opposite.
    Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 06-18-2009, 09:49 PM.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post

the people who call themselves anarchists yet vote constantly to EXPAND GOVERNMENT CONTROL is what gets me going.
      i don't vote. I refuse to be part of a system that i have NO faith in.
      Originally posted by Fast Orange
      if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
      Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
      I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

i don't vote. I refuse to be part of a system that i have NO faith in.
        Neither do a lot of people. Your choice.
        sigpic

Comment

Ever since the 1960s and the formation of Punk Music did people instantly associate Anarchy with Chaos whereas true Anarchy is the exact opposite.
          100% agree
          ~*Nica*~
          Passenger Extraordinaire.

Eggnog anyone?

Comment

I listen to punk, alot of it anarchist punk. Punk isn't about chaos either. I mean, i enjoy breaking shit when i'm drunk as much as the next guy, but Punk is just about striped down, aggressive rock and roll.
            if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
            I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

I listen to punk, alot of it anarchist punk. Punk isn't about chaos either. I mean, i enjoy breaking shit when i'm drunk as much as the next guy, but Punk is just about striped down, aggressive rock and roll.
              I understand, but I'm talking about it through the political medium of punk music and the stereotypes that have formed around it.
              sigpic

Comment

I understand, but I'm talking about it through the political medium of punk music and the stereotypes that have formed around it.
                Like Green Day for example? Not entirely sure of this as I avoid punk but I can sense their message loud and clear and it annoys the shit out of me...
                ~*Nica*~

Eggnog anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by sweetnica View Post
                  Like Green Day for example? Not entirely sure of this as I avoid punk but I can sense their message loud and clear and it annoys the shit out of me...
                  Paging Dr. Gentile.........

There is Green Day hate in the ICU, Level 4.

And no, not Green Day, I'm talking about the early punk bands that started the anarchy craze, the ones today differ immensely from the punk bands of the past.
                  sigpic

Comment

LOL just the message, it's quite liberal.

As for the music...I'm an Aerosmith girl myself
                    ~*Nica*~

Eggnog anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by sweetnica View Post
                      Green Day (prepare the flame cannons) hasn't had a good album since dookie, which was around 95 if i remember correctly. I like bands like Against Me! Leftover Crack, Choking Victim, Good Riddance, Bad Religion, Against All Authority, etc...With songs like "hate your state" and "Baby I'm an Anarchist!" The message is alot clearer

Comment

Green Day (prepare the flame cannons) hasn't had a good album since dookie, which was around 95 if i remember correctly. I like bands like Against Me! Leftover Crack, Choking Victim, Good Riddance, Bad Religion, Against All Authority, etc...With songs like "hate your state" and "Baby I'm an Anarchist!" The message is alot clearer
                        I can relate to some of that.

I hate my fucking state too.

HEAR THAT CONNECTICUT?? YOU SUCK DONKEY BALLS.
                        sigpic

Comment

....yeah I can see that. I only recognize Bad Religion out of all of bands you listed...
                          ~*Nica*~

Eggnog anyone?

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmrTwSzOaB0[/ame]

such a good song

intro (its backwards):
                            You think you're alive motherfucker?
                            You're just the walking fucking dead.
                            You're fucking sheep, stepping on my back to stay alive.
                            West coast, East Coast, your all bunch of fucking fools.
                            You and the rest of this greedy fucking world.
                            Kill yourself, stay in school, say no to drugs and oh yeah... hail satan.
                            Goodnight boys and girls.
                            Pleasent dreams.

lyrics:
                            The public is shocked by the peoples opinions,
                            they crush your dreams and forclose your dominions.
                            You always stand there, a reader digesting.
                            Never bothered to ask any questions!
                            Hate your state!

I know my rights, get out of my way,
                            I won't fall for the lies that you say.
                            You want me to kneel down, you want me to pray.
                            But then it will be me that will pay.

hate your state (4x)

The people: stupid and happy are set in their ways.
                            Content as their lives grow sick and decay.
                            And the readers all stand there, digesting the system,
                            You don't have to be choking to become a victim!

hate your state (4x)
                            Last edited by Ruecifur; 06-18-2009, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X