No announcement yet.

33's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

33's use more gas and cost more. this money should be going towards your other jeep so it can be done and you can wheel it. why push that off so you can look cooler on the street and occasionally wheel the DD. i'm not saying its a stupid plan but you really don't have a reason to do it. i'm in the same boat and would rather have a stock xj on the street and spend cash building my trail rig. thats why i sold the mj because for it to get to my liking i would have to lift it and buy tires. not worth it i say
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
      be a fuckin man and do 35's

fact: you can fit 37's on an xj with a bb

fact: zj's r bigguh
      I want to keep it very streetable, it will see mostly blues and a few select blacks, so i see no need for 35's. Not to mention i will have an xj on 37's and 35's would require a rear axle swap at the least. With 33's i can keep my axles and lock the rear, maybe front.

Plans will eventually be:
      -33" toyos
      -RE superflex short arms
      -OME shocks, probably 3" springs somewhere along the line
      -armor as far as the eye can see
      -probably some performance chit
      -aussie for the D44a

yada yada

Comment

yeah man, this is my buddy down in NC

I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

19.7 mpg on 36" bias tarz on heavy beadlocks with mud in em'
          www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
            19.7 mpg on 36" bias tarz on heavy beadlocks with mud in em'
            with gears. yes you are saving money on gas but you spent the money on the gears which again is him using money on the DD instead of the trail rig. the way i look at it is if you are ever out and want to go wheelin. go home and get the other jeep
            I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
              33's use more gas and cost more. this money should be going towards your other jeep so it can be done and you can wheel it. why push that off so you can look cooler on the street and occasionally wheel the DD. i'm not saying its a stupid plan but you really don't have a reason to do it. i'm in the same boat and would rather have a stock xj on the street and spend cash building my trail rig. thats why i sold the mj because for it to get to my liking i would have to lift it and buy tires. not worth it i say
              It will be wheeled constantly until my other jeep is done, which still has a long way to go as far as axles being completed. I can probably have it rolling by next week but nowhere near wheelable.

I needed something to keep me occupied, and this was a project i was planning ever since i got it. The 33's i found will cost me 200 bucks more than the 31's i was getting, so i figured why not. It's a small setback for the other jeep, but for me to be able to wheel i figured it was worth it.

Comment

i see what you are sayin. you will be very capable on 31's but if you want 33's go for it. just remember gas mileage will suck worse than in does now haha
                I drive a Datsun

Comment

I thought you didnt even have a license or sumtin?

IMHO, 31's BB on any jeep is the best DD. I think any more is way too much for a DD, But i am just repeating whats already been said. I dont see the point in having 2 lifted rigs. Save your money and aggravation and put 31s on the Zj and leave it the fuck alone. Then concentrate on making the Xj better.

Just look how far/long justin has gone on lockers and 31s. its rare that he has not at least tried anything that anyone else has done. 31s are more then enough for what you want to do with this Zj.
                  Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

update: i think i'm going to settle in the middle and get 32x11.5, probably going to try out the new goodyear mt/rs

Comment

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
                      update: i think i'm going to settle in the middle and get 32x11.5, probably going to try out the new goodyear mt/rs
                      good idea.. kevlars?
                      Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                      didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
                      Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
                      he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
                      Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
                      i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

i'm checking around for pricing right now, i want to get the kevlars but if i can find a set of km2's/comparable 32" for a lot cheaper i'll pull the trigger on those

Comment

here is my opinion, find some used 31's/32's for cheap on craigslist and instead of spending over $600 in tires spend maybe 250-300. use the other money to get your real wheeling rig going. I'm picking up a set of 33/12.5 BFG muds with 75% tread for 250 bucks on friday. the deals are out there
                          P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                          2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                          OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

32x11.50 is a great compromise. Not too big not too small. My fav size for anything that i want a bigger look but dont want to trim for.
                            Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Working...
                            X