The Jeep what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jeep what?

Ok so we all know of the Jeep wave....recently the wave had been reduced to a point it seems. Almost like when someone gives you that hand signal with the gun trying to be a slick or something? Always old men just doing that little point thing. Thought maybe they were just laughing at the fact my Jeep is extremly bulky lol Today though, I got saluted. wtf?

Wave - Point - Salute ???

Anyone else get anything weird? I know Will has stories of getting the horns lol Anyone?
    2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
    J10 project do want.
    "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

i only get waves when im near a wheeling locale and theres mad jeeps

locally sometimes a mild xj will flash their lights at me and wave violently and be all excited smiley
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

I occasionally get a flip off from the wrangler guys... buncha assholes. haha jk.

I occasionally get a wave from fellow Jeepers, but most of the time i wave with nothing back.
      Last edited by SupermanIce-J; 06-03-2009, 08:28 AM.
      2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
      • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
      • 4.0/42rle/np241or
      • 5.13's
      • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
      • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

i usually get nothing around me, not even from other xjs
        dirty30

Comment

The other lifted jeeps around here are a bunch of Mall Crawlin Faggots from Fairfield University. Big YJs or TJs on 35s+ with stock axles and bling rims.

They don't wave at me, and I don't wave at them. They suck anyway. Assholes.

I get more waves from people who DONT drive jeeps, especially when I have my doors off on 95. People love it.
          sigpic
          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I sometimes get a wave, mostly when my hands are busy and I am extremly suprised when it happens. People give me the wierdest look when I have my doors off. My friends mom called him up one day and said that my doors got stolen.
            -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

i've waved at a few xj's around here but they dont wave back (fags).

most of them are highschool kids anyways........
              "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Around here the only people that wave are Wrangler owners to other Wrangler owners. If you in an XJ and get a wave you prolly know who it is. I got more waves from redneck full size chevys and yotas then i did from wranglers. Now i dont get waves cause im to blingy/mallcrawlin for that i guess.
                Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

when i get something its almost always 2 fingers up off the steering wheel lol..but very rarely, like phil said.

ive actually gotten about 4 waves in the impreza from STis and WRXs which i think has put me over the jeep waves for the year

sad.

this weekend in montauk i waved at all the lifted TJs i saw as an experiment...every single one ignored me. these were out the door waves.
                  - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                  or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                  Originally posted by DizzDizz
                  aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                    when i get something its almost always 2 fingers up off the steering wheel lol..but very rarely, like phil said.

ive actually gotten about 4 waves in the impreza from STis and WRXs which i think has put me over the jeep waves for the year

sad.
                    I remember on the way to RC lin Feb '08 those guys in a truck drove past us going nuts, then pulled back next to us and were giving the horns and were all stoked hahaha
                    2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
                    J10 project do want.
                    "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

tj drivers are 100% of the time better than you and are "too good" to wave

scientific fact.
                      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

when im up at school i get more waves... hell, the first wave i ever got was from a sami in east bumblefuck, NY sophmore year- almost two years after i lifted my jeep. last time i received a wave i was driving down main street up there and got one from a mild XJ. most of the time theyre hand lifts of the steering wheel.

i've gotten one wave from a TJ that was on 33s last summer- the only wave i've ever gotten on from a TJ and it was on LI and he was definitely not from here. i think ive gotten maybe 2-3 waves total on LI.

i've had the subaru since march and been waved/honked/headlights flashed at at least 6-7 times.

Comment

i think people get are a little too upset about the wave thing. so many people have wrangler's/xjs now that it would be dumb to wave at all of them because most don't know what it is and the remaining people have never wheeled their jeep.

i think the wave has lost some of its exclusivity that it had in the days of cj's and such. i donno, i could get into it but its hard to type out and my brain is mush today, lol
                          "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
                            i think people get are a little too upset about the wave thing. so many people have wrangler's/xjs now that it would be dumb to wave at all of them
                            its a modded thing..i dont ever bother with stock. makes sense to me
                            - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                            Originally posted by DizzDizz
                            aliens probed my husband

Comment

i get waves near home and work from all modded xjs and id say half of the wranglers. i think its cause im in such a rural area most of us see each other often. only in the red jeep obviously
                              I drive a Datsun

Comment

Working...
                              X