Wrangler Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrangler Owners

What top do you guys use most? I keep looking for a soft top but the listings got me thinking. a lot of the people selling theirs say they never even use the soft tops and they use one of the other kinds instead (like the bikini tops or others)

what do you prefer and why??? the other ones are cheaper than a full soft top but they didnt look as convienent.
    2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
    J10 project do want.
    "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

i only have a soft top, i need to be able to put the back windows in if it rains, cause my daughter sits in the back alot. If i didn't cart her around in the jeep i would prob just keep a bikini top for the summer though. If your going to get a new soft top, the bestop super top is the way to go. I can get mine up in about 3-4 minutes (with all the windows) by myself if i'm in a hurry
    Originally posted by Fast Orange
    if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
    Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
    I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

get a safari and a wind jammer. bikini is to short and rain will still come in. you can rock the safari all summer and when it starts to get cold / rain a lot just put the wind jammer up till you go full hardtop again.
      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Tintop
        dirty30

Comment

i like the look of the halftops, but its not very practical
          www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

bestop makes a frameless softop that looks sweet, its goes from safari to full soft quickly
            "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

I have a Bestop Sunrider and a full hard top. I dont drive my Jeep much at all but I Like the soft top. Its great having the protection from the sun beating down on you for a day on the trail, but you can get rid of all the windows to stay cool. Should a summer rain storm come on, its easy to pop the windows in. My soft top sheds snow easily too.
              88 YJ...kinda. Clayton Hard Arms, V8, 1 tons w/Detroits, twin sticked T-18/NP205, Irok's, MasterCrafts, fuel cell, multi-colored

Comment

duster
                I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

I like my soft top because if I decide to go anywhere and leave the doors behind with the windows and it starts to rain I can just put the top back on and it won't get too wet. I know someone who has the half top that cuts down after the front seats and all it does is leak. His jeep = shit now
                  Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

I prefer topless ! However when needed, softtop is prob the way to go!
                    HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
                    OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ruecifur View Post
                      i only have a soft top, i need to be able to put the back windows in if it rains, cause my daughter sits in the back alot. If i didn't cart her around in the jeep i would prob just keep a bikini top for the summer though. If your going to get a new soft top, the bestop super top is the way to go. I can get mine up in about 3-4 minutes (with all the windows) by myself if i'm in a hurry
                      Same here, I only have a soft top, they are really quick and easy to put up if your in a hurry or get caught in the rain, it comes off just as fast. Mine is a bestop super top i believe and it holds up to everything, never leaks and folds up nice in the back when its down.

Just a word of caution, I have the tinted windows and the rear window is gettin hard to see out of cause of the tint combined with the minor scratches that come with everyday use. It looks good tinted, but if your only going to use it for summer I would shy away from the tinted windows, they will be off most of the time anyway and they cost a little more.
                      99 TJ 4cyl, 4" short arm, 33" MTZ's, JKS quick discos, smittybilt front, rear & rockers

Work to be done: Clayton long arm, ford 8.8 rear locker & 1 ton

Comment

as soon as it's semi warm soft top goes on i love takin it down in like 5 min on a warm day and being topless, but the hard top is great for winter so the warmth stays in
                        1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

Comment

Shane and I only have a soft top, it was good to us all winter and in the summer nothing beats being able to take the top down. Only thing is: sometimes I have a hard time putting it back together. Then again last summer I made shane do it and I never tried to learn how and then when I wanted to learn it took me a while to be able to get it. But I am sure you would be better than I am at it LOL as you would have a new top not an old one and get much more practice.

So what I mean by all of that is I love our soft top and reccomend it. And it is really good when it rains and all of those other practical reasons everyone else gave you LOL. I just thin it's fun.
                          ~*Nica*~
                          Passenger Extraordinaire.

Eggnog anyone?

Comment

We got a new Bestop soft top for ours last year and it is awesome. It is the full one, not a bikini one or anything. it is great, except for the noise over 50. easy as hell to put down and you dont have to fight with bad zippers like my old one
                            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Last year I didn't really use my soft top, so I put it on late late in the year, It was off since the winter, then I used my raingear cover(http://www.jeepcovers.com/) if it was gonna downpour, but rain didn't really care about. I was gonna sell my soft top but i'm gonna keep it.

Comment

Working...
                              X