Play a Game an Feed People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play a Game an Feed People

Answer correctly and feed people...and brush up on your knowledge of different subjects.

http://freerice.com/index.php
    "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but rising up everytime we fail."

-Melanie-

You know, I have a problem with this game.

Why don't they just GIVE the people the food? Why do they have to rely on the intelligence of others in order to eat rice?

What happens when you get a question wrong? Is rice taken away from the starving? If not, why not?? Wouldn't that be more exciting? Get something wrong, the starving get punished, get something right, the starving get rewarded, all while you sit in the comfort of your own home and do nothing but play a silly online game.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post

Why don't they just GIVE the people the food? Why do they have to rely on the intelligence of others in order to eat rice?

What happens when you get a question wrong? Is rice taken away from the starving? If not, why not?? Wouldn't that be more exciting? Get something wrong, the starving get punished, get something right, the starving get rewarded, all while you sit in the comfort of your own home and do nothing but play a silly online game.
      hahahahahahaha
      Originally posted by Fast Orange
      if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
      Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
      I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post

Originally posted by Snopes.com
        As to who foots the bill for the food being donated, the site says: "The rice is paid for by the advertisers whose names you see on the bottom of your vocabulary screen." As more people play the game, the site racks up more advertising revenue, which in turn is converted into food donations for the hungry."

The rice is distributed by the United Nations' Word Food Programme, an organziation that in 2006 reached 87.8 million people in 78 countries"
        . That was a funny rant though
        2000 XJ
        2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

Hahaha fair enough. I had a feeling it worked that way.
          sigpic
          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

haha Phil I didnt think of that..but i loved it!
            "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but rising up everytime we fail."

-Melanie-

Comment

Working...
            X