No announcement yet.

limiting straps plz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah that looks like a big mess. What are those tires? Simex?
    1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
    1999 sierra
    1967 M725 Big and Slow
    -Dan

Comment

looks like both uppers at the housing snapped loose, causing the housing to rotate upward, what stopped it from goin 180, would be the drive shaft, I bet he had the top of the spring secured in some way causing it to over extend, and i bet he was using the spring as the limiting strap.
      85 K10, 44front,ff14 rear, 350,th350,Np208, 39.5/13.5r20 IROKs. almost done
      New toy 88 yj, 4.2, 5speed,231. Its getting a soa, 78 f350 dana 60s, SYE, and some 37s.

Comment

Originally posted by ctchevy View Post
        looks I bet he had the top of the spring secured in some way causing it to over extend, and i bet he was using the spring as the limiting strap.
        Here is exactly how the upper stays attached. Mine are the exact same. It allows the spring to drop down some, but not out. Notice, this guy used a limiting strap.
        88 YJ...kinda. Clayton Hard Arms, V8, 1 tons w/Detroits, twin sticked T-18/NP205, Irok's, MasterCrafts, fuel cell, multi-colored

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
          What are those tires? Simex?
          Parnelli Jones Dirt Gripz
          P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
          2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
          OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

shits done, bet that was a fun ride back to the trailer
            dirty30

Comment

Ummm, he's doing it wrong.

Comment

this guy that I saw at mabell didn't need limiting straps. His coils would come out but were secured to the axle, so the they'd just fall right back into place.

1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                1999 sierra
                1967 M725 Big and Slow
                -Dan

Comment

^^^ Now THAT'S pretty cool!^^^

Comment

Working...
                  X