New Bumper Finally...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XJ Legendary XJ View Post
    haha yea figured you would notice that. im working on that kyle knows the welder who's gonna do it. as for the flares they are rusty's and i highly recomment you NOT getting them. mine are under 2 years and they are already fading from the sun and they are not very strong. shoulda gone with bushwackers
    Did you get the standard ones or the flex flares? I heard the standard ones crack and break easy but the flex flares hold up pretty well.

As for bushwackers, they arent very strong either. Its hard to see but the 3rd bolt hole up from the bottom the flare is almost cracked all the way through from a small tree impact.
    Jeep - every bump is a steering opportunity

Comment

ouch that sucks. still though mine are all faded and look like crap just from the sun and i like the look of the BW's better
      "Corruption of the Soul is a fate that befalls the weak"

Comment

I tore off my BW's a few times with minimal damage, i know they dont like trees but they are deff better than the rustys standard flares, i have not seen the flex flares in action yet. I also put my BW's on with washers and nuts behind them and trimmed them to hell so that may have helped.
        Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Rustys standard flares are the worst investment you can ever spend your money on period. Went wheeling 2 hrs after install and a couple sticks (yea i said sticks) got caught up in them and cracked them in half.

Comment

That Jeep is preeeetttyy!
            96 XJ Sport
            6" Full Traction Longarm Lift
            Locked Front and Rear

83 CJ7 (Sarge)To be continued...

Comment

how much are a decent pair of BW's? i was lookin at a set for about $400 is that about average?
              God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

you have room to fit a few more lights on that bumper
                "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorgohome View Post
                  how much are a decent pair of BW's? i was lookin at a set for about $400 is that about average?
                  you bumped up a 2 month old thread for stupidity?
                  1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                  2001 wj tbd
                  1974 5 ton

Comment

THIS IS NOT FAB NOR IS IT TECH

GTFO MY SECTION
                    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
                      you have room to fit a few more lights on that bumper
                      yes i do haha and i just might when i get the money
                      "Corruption of the Soul is a fate that befalls the weak"

Comment