Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advance auto parts loaner tool policy

long story short:

i rented a ball joint press from an adap in rural pennsylvania and couldn't get back before they closed, and I am in rhode island now.

i know for autozone to rent tools you just leave a deposit (what the tool costs them) and if you never return it, it's yours. and I also know you can return them at any autozone aroundthe country for your deposit back.

now i was telling my boss about this weekend and mentioned what i just told you guys.

and he says "adap will charge you that $150 per day" which I think is ridiculous and not true, but im not 100%.

so who has rented tools from advance auto parts?
    how long did you have the tool?
    was it a one time charge, return when you are done deal?
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

the deal is, you pay the charge you have 30 days or whatever to return it and get the 100% full money back when you do. if you dont, the tool is yours.

i had my ball joint press for like 2 days. paid 100 bucks for it, returned it, got 100 bucks back. ive done the same with a few different pullers.

Comment

is you 100%?

i dont wanna go into my bank account and see zero dollhairs in it one day.

NOW i think my card has to be there to get the refund. I could use a $150 ball joint press, but $150 sounds o-so-suite.

Comment

i rented a spring compressor.. used it same day and brought it back the next day and was fine didnt get charged anything extra

Comment

Yep, same here. Rented a bearing driver for X dollars and got it credited back to me when I returned it. I have only done it from Auto Zone, not Advance Auto.
          88 YJ...kinda. Clayton Hard Arms, V8, 1 tons w/Detroits, twin sticked T-18/NP205, Irok's, MasterCrafts, fuel cell, multi-colored

Comment

Although I wonder if you can rent it in PA and return it in RI. Let us know how they accept it.
            88 YJ...kinda. Clayton Hard Arms, V8, 1 tons w/Detroits, twin sticked T-18/NP205, Irok's, MasterCrafts, fuel cell, multi-colored

Comment

I don't want to be that guy, but...
              have you tried just calling and asking your local one how it works?
              Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Riot View Post
                I don't want to be that guy, but...
                have you tried just calling and asking your local one how it works?
                Geno called the one sam rented it from and in a odd but funny voice asked several questions
                You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

lol

they said you need to return it from the store you got it from

but im gonna try anyway

Comment

Its not like you wont be back at Roush and need to make a parts store run...think of it as credit. You arent missing the money and when you return it, you'll have the money back in your account.

Comment

rented, and now own a coil spring compressor, from Advance auto. your boss is full of shit
                      Last edited by snowblur17; 05-04-2009, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X