Car show & toy drive this Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car show & toy drive this Saturday

FYI - My familys car club, The Connecticut Street Legends, are hosting a car show this weekend and its for a good cause. If you get the opportunity, stop on down and show your support. Ill be there for a good portion of the day so stop in and we can talk Jeeps. -Steve

Here is the info:

The Connecticut Street Legends Car Club presents: BRING A TOY CAR SHOW. The show will benefit the Connecticut Childrens' Medical Center. Come back to where it all started --- THE BERLIN TURNPIKE ---
    Show hours are 9am - 2pm. Raindate - May 9th. Location - Wal*Mart parking lot, Berlin Tpke. Newington (behind Panera Bread). No Cut Off Year. All makes, models, street rods, trucks, antiques, motorcycles, concept...everyone is welcome! Trophies plus Connecticut Childrens' Hospital Pick. Parking for 200 cars. No burnouts and no alcohol permitted.

Entry: New unwrapped toy (for boy or girl) any age or $10.00 donation to be used for the purchase of toys.

So come on down, enjoy the day with oldies music, bring a toy, and help make a child smile. All toys will be delivered to the hospital the same day.

www.connecticutstreetlegends.com
    88 YJ...kinda. Clayton Hard Arms, V8, 1 tons w/Detroits, twin sticked T-18/NP205, Irok's, MasterCrafts, fuel cell, multi-colored

saturday off from work and i'm one of the few people not going to rausch

maybe me and the girlie will take a ride up if its nice out i always try to make it to the stuff for a good cause.
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Just bringing this to the top of the forum.
      88 YJ...kinda. Clayton Hard Arms, V8, 1 tons w/Detroits, twin sticked T-18/NP205, Irok's, MasterCrafts, fuel cell, multi-colored

Comment

id like to come up with the stang.. but im goin to sleep as late as possible haha

Comment

Originally posted by Shortbus View Post
          id like to come up with the stang.. but im goin to sleep as late as possible haha
          wake up asshole
          87 Comanche 4.0 4wd

Comment

Originally posted by Scottmc01 View Post
            wake up asshole
            haha

HOpe all goes well with that today! Im stuck in lousy PA, not at RC. Hope you get a good turnout, sounds like a lot of fun.
            "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but rising up everytime we fail."

-Melanie-

Comment

Because of the overcast weather, the turnout wasnt what was expected. Only 35 cars showed, but the donations were huge. Over $400 was raised at the enterance and that purchased 2 full carts of toys at Walmart. A 57 Chevy came in with over 300 toys packed in the back seat and trunk, as well as a $1700 check from a sponsor. Another truck came in with its bed full of toys. I didnt get the chance to take a ride to the Hartford Childrens Hospital but there was 20+ cars that took the trip down. Overall, it was great to see people come out and support such a worthy cause. There were a couple realllllly sweet cars I want to tell you guys about too. There was a 2000 Vette there with nitrous = 515hp to the rear wheels. There was also a super sweet 08 Cobra roadster that this guy bought a brand new 427 from Rausch for it. It has 550hp in a 2500 pound car. It was simply amazing. Apparently they are built in Africa and shipped over to the US and then distributed. I can only imagine how much this thing went for. It was surely a head turner!

Comment

Working...
              X