Advice on ians XJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on ians XJ

need some advice. ians xj has been sitting in the same spot since he passed away, his roommate ( a friend of mine also) doesn't know what to do with it. ian's father ( in charge of his estate ) has made no claim to the jeep since his death a few years ago. i have the title for the jeep.

if i pickup the jeep and apply for abandoned vehicle title i would have to go to probate court with his father ( who very much dislikes us, and ian hated ) would have the jeep given to him.

we are tired of having it sit, i'm shopping for a new jeep right now while his sits rotting and obviously would love to have it.

Far as i know, if it has sat that long, it has become an abandoned vehicle, and is owned by nobody.

If ian for some reason had already signed that title, then reg the bitch and drive it. Im unsure, but i dont think court is in the cards at this point
    Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
    didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
    Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
    he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
    Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
    i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Originally posted by hippie metal View Post
      Far as i know, if it has sat that long, it has become an abandoned vehicle, and is owned by nobody.

If ian for some reason had already signed that title, then reg the bitch and drive it. Im unsure, but i dont think court is in the cards at this point

If ian signed the title, for some reason... and it was notarized.. (needs to be for PA) i was worried that the title might bounce back, or worse

Comment

It’s a signed title, doesn’t matter at that point.

Sent from my pay phone in Chechnya
        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
        MK2 Jetta > M3
        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Ruepart Hoaxley View Post
          It’s a signed title, doesn’t matter at that point.

Sent from my pay phone in Chechnya
          This.

Comment

CT is actually very lenient on title laws. Believe it or not. I recently tried to sell my dirtbike to a guy in NJ and explained to him that I never registered the bike, but previous owner signed the title to me and I could just do a bill of sale.

Well, long story short: I called our DMV because the guy didn’t believe me, and it turns out in MOST states (I know that’s vague) he needs the title signed by me. CT, however, doesn’t give a fuck about transfers via bill of sale as long as there’s a paper trail. I’m assuming PA is probably closer to NJ in DMV laws just because the woman I talked to made us sound like quite the anomaly.

I don’t know if Ian had a title signed in his name or what the deal is. If it’s a completely blank title (never signed over to anyone) i’d Just forge his signature and put you in as a buyer, I don’t see why they’d look into it any further. However, if the title was in someone else’s name and signed over to him (like in my above example), you might be beat without doing a ton of annoying work. (Paperwork, fee, waiting for acceptance and potentially getting estate involved.)

Best of luck.

And RIP Ian. Still bummed we never got to ride together as we discussed numerous times.
            Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Wheel that thing! Ian would be stoked..
              95 xj JY 3" 35" truxus mt's

Comment

working hard AF trying to get this done for one of ians best friends, if its doesn't work out he has a nice tacoma on 33's and me an him will be at the next shindig. i love ians jeep, but i really love my new zj, so hopefully someone will get it and i can help them fix the issues it has ( needs front ends swapped and some wireing issues. )

Comment

It happened!

Finnally got the ok to get Ian's jeep. We went to check it out today and drive it home, we're able to get it started but the radiator cap is leaking and all three brake lines blew out as soon as I step on the pedal brakes.

Runs like a top though.

We discussed with his roommate that we want to set it up as a trail rig for all of his friends to learn how to drive off-road in when we go to rausch or anywhere else.

Going back soon with a tow dolly, they time to start cleaning and going through.

May go back to 31s to help keep it together and lots of armor, wonton steering for sure.

Comment

That's awesome, I'm very happy to hear you got it back
                    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Congrats on getting it. Add armor for sure, but dont down build from what he wanted

Comment

Working...
                      X