"Adulting"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Adulting"

Can someone define the usage of this term for me? I need to better understand what limitations "adulting" inherently contains.
    Doing my research. It has been used in every reply on this site for the last week.
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Apparently I started this off. Point being, besides the job I don't have time or ability to take days off for a vacation 9 hours away, I have my money being allocated in the things my adult self has that my younger self did not. Paying the mortgage on the house that was only bought in Sept. Saving for a wedding and figuring out how to pay for it...

That being said, when I had similar bills living in an apartment it was no big deal to just on a whim go to Rausch for the weekend. Now it's just not feasible. Yes I want to build a jeep but that has been said no by the wife till after the wedding because we can't afford it. Adulting was just a joke term for the give and take of being older. For being responsible and saying no to certain wants for the greater good of the family
    I drive a Datsun

Comment

Also, I said the term which piqued your interest. Thus leading everyone else to use it to get a rise
      I drive a Datsun

Comment

lol. For me adulting just means "growing up" and the things that come with it. For some people growing up just means more responsibility with the same fun... for others growing up means the responsibilities over come of the expenses needed for the fun they used to have.

it all comes down to money. If i had more monies i would be at every meet and greet, ultra 4 race, off-road park, etc. in a fully built rig or a badass tow rig. hanging out with youinz and such. However, When it comes down to it if i did that i would be in debt up to my eyeballs with the rest of the responsibilities of daily "adulting" life and probably not be getting married.

I'm not necessarily a penny pincher but I sure as shit don"t blow my money like i used to.
        2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
        • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
        • 4.0/42rle/np241or
        • 5.13's
        • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
        • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

I am adulting a bag of pumpkin seeds down my gullet as we speak
          dirty30

Comment

For me it means that my truck payment is made, my power, both rents, phone cable auto insurance and cell bills are paid before jeep funds are allocated. And I work to much most weeks to be able to spend the money when I have it.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk
            OER The bad judgment Olympics.

Lowlife 35x12.5s on 3 inches of lift.
            General Tires are

Comment

It's doing things out of necessity to survive rather than fun.
              Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Riot View Post
                Things to survive include:
                Breathing.
                Eating food & drinking water.
                Maintaining shelter from the elements.

Things to survive do not include:
                Buying/doing expensive things, whether considered "adulting" items/activities or otherwise.
                - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Adulting means being able to pay my bills, drink a beer when I get home, and when I want: use my toys.

NOT SEX TOYS
                  dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by Riot View Post
                    I mean... in this case no one NEEDS to have a wedding, or get married at all
                    dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra View Post
                      Adulting means being able to pay my bills, drink a beer when I get home, and when I want: use my toys.

NOT SEX TOYS
                      - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

I brought in half a sheet of ice cream cake to work so whenever I'm feeling down, I have myself a couple bites of ice cream cake because I'm a fucking adult and I choose when and where I eat ice cream cake.
                        sigpic
                        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I mean don't get me wrong, I understand having to hold off on events/expenditures to do those things. But in reality, whether it's a weekend at Rausch or a weekend for a Moped rally, you can literally do either for almost just the cost of fuel and a few supplies.

Hell, I met a guy at last year's New York City Rally who LITERALLY rode freight trains from Portland, OR., to NYC just to get to the rally for free...

Given, he was crusty as all fuck, but still.

FUCKING FREIGHT TRAINS
                          dirty30

Comment

Freight train moped guy is the difference between people who genuinely enjoy things versus people who only kind of like things so they apply minimal effort or make excuses to not be there.
                            sigpic
                            Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra View Post
                              I mean don't get me wrong, I understand having to hold off on events/expenditures to do those things. But in reality, whether it's a weekend at Rausch or a weekend for a Moped rally, you can literally do either for almost just the cost of fuel and a few supplies.
                              Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                              Freight train moped guy is the difference between people who genuinely enjoy things versus people who only kind of like things so they apply minimal effort or make excuses to not be there.
                              I'll be at OER FOR SURE!!!

I think where some of us go wrong is selling our wheeling rig/toy to get hardly anything out of it to put towards something that sucks money anyways (home).

If i still had my jeep I feel like I wouldn't be using the term adulting, because most of the reason I don't wheel is because the initial expense of getting back into wheeling is (relatively) expensive.

Of course I do have the bro-lite which hasn't been worked on in almost a year because of moving out of the old house and lack of space to work on it. The passion is there to work on it, but the availability of the necessary tools is lacking and the person who was supposed to weld up the roll cage in it decided they had other plans. Hopefully some shenanigans will ensue on the bro-lite after we move into our new home.
                              Last edited by SupermanIce-J; 08-04-2016, 02:18 PM.
                              2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
                              • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
                              • 4.0/42rle/np241or
                              • 5.13's
                              • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
                              • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

Working...
                              X