Military vehicle collectors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military vehicle collectors?

cleaning out a large building with decades of crap packed it to it by an old timer Packrat. Few trucks all taken apart, rough shape but the price would be right.

Weapons carrier, frame is good, seems ok.... But........ Someone took the head off of it like 30yrs ago and left it outside. So..... Yea

M151 something or other, found most of it, soft top, grill suspension, drive line although not sure about motor. Too much shit to dig through and only spend 4/5 hours there today.

This is in there but I didn't get pics of the truck

The rest of this is in there somewhere, like 6/7 willies or CJ something jeeps in there I forgot what's what.

So there anyone local who's into collecting or a club I can contact to come look at this? More concerned about getting it to the right person than most money for it. New owner mostly just wants the building emptied out.

Damn, forgot the best part. 4, seemingly brand new 35 to 40" by 15 wide fuckin ground hawgs on wagggy rims. Forgot to get a pic though

I'll see if I can't get them for $100 this week.

Comment

It is really a shame when stuff like that gets buried in a garage and left to rot away.
      sigpic
      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
        It is really a shame when stuff like that gets buried in a garage and left to rot away.
        Amherst or Bust!
        19 JL

Comment

Looks more like they were rotting away and then in the 90s these guys bought them and put in the building. There are 2 willies ww2 jeeps rotted almost to the point you can't tell what they are.

Also I think the sprinkler system went off in part of the building which didn't help.

Does anyone know of someone with a military tow bar? There is a 5ton that I'm working to buy but needs to be towed, figure the easiest way is to just flat tow it like the mil does.

Comment

My father may have some interest in some of this stuff. He's got a WW2 jeep and a few powerwagon projects. Always looking for more.....

Ill mention it and see....
            -1988 Comanche 31's, rot box
            -1990 Comanche 35's, 44 locked, beater
            -1977 F-250 Highboy 35's, gas pig
            -2012 6.7 Powerstroke 37's, tow rig
            The junkpile keeps growing!

Comment

If any of the Willys parts are usable, I need some. Frame (long shot) and windshield/frame
              2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
              MK2 Jetta > M3
              Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

The worst one seems to be all there, just the body rotted around it. Probably get it for $200. Not sure, I'll let you know more this Friday when I go back.

Comment

I know a guy I'll contact you
                  Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Dizzy there is a nice M818 semi there, get it and make the back a custom XJ hauler.

Last edited by sardo_67; 04-21-2015, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X