Clear All

OJ made the video for me
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

That was sick. I was amped up until I read you peoples comments. You guys area fucking gay. I can't believe you actually took the time to type those bullshit comments. Can't drive a RWD? Seriously, go back to your metro and Scott decker enduced masterbation coma.
      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
        Secondly, Ian to better get your point across I think it should be mentioned that while he is a very good driver he isnt an absolutely great driver. He doesn't win in rally and takes multiple takes to make these vids. Granted I'm not that good but other pro drifters and rally drivers undoubtedly have better skills just no corporate budget/media backing to put out these vids constantly.
        I don't even know what you just said.
        Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 11-17-2014, 07:24 PM.
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
          I am with you on most of that. I dont like the "persona" or "lifestyle" associated with the Monster, or DC Shoes, or Hoonigan brand, at all.

I cant agree on the budget part though. If I wanted to make a cool video and Ford/Monster ponied up 500 grand to do it, you can bet I'd "sell out" for it with logos.
          Someones gotta pay the bills, the someones gotta get their return on investment too. Just how it is unless youre inherently wealthy, but none of what I just said is anything unknown obviously. I guess we can call it "the sad truth"

I cant blame Ken though. The guy has built his personal brand pretty effectively. There are much bigger douches representing motorsports.
          Will, your opinion is well stated and tempered by sound judgement. I appreciate it.
          dirty30

Comment

damn Ian you backed down far to easily in this debate. You have to stand your ground even long after you're proven to be mistaken. No matter how much evidence they have piled up against you, never give in. Even if you have to start slinging unrelated insults at them, This is the internet after all.
            1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
            1999 sierra
            1967 M725 Big and Slow
            -Dan

Comment

I am with you on most of that. I dont like the "persona" or "lifestyle" associated with the Monster, or DC Shoes, or Hoonigan brand, at all.
              nitro
              1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
              2001 wj tbd
              1974 5 ton

Comment

3rd page of this thread is by far my favorite page...

Video was so dope.
                Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
                Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
                he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
                Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
                i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

OJ made the video for me
                  agree 100% on this as well
                  No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                  Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

OJ made me laugh.

The car was the coolest part of it......

Ooooh noooooooh, he has a giant ford stocker and a Green "M" along with his own company on the car. Grow up and just appirceate the craftsmanship that went into this. On all sides, car fabrication, steering wheel actuator, producers who got the areas of road closed off, film crew and the horrible horrible sponsors who spend probably half a mil on this production.

God damn, haters gonna hate.

Comment

since i had to go to work....page 2 recap.

i love this because you took the time to make it LOL

I cant blame Ken though. The guy has built his personal brand pretty effectively. There are much bigger douches representing motorsports.
                      i must completely agree here because thats the reason i dont like it, he built his own brand and is subsequently running it into the ground video by video. i suppose thats what youre supposed to do when you have your own name etc. but geesh come on get creative. you seem to manage it with HMC all the time whats his excuse?

Originally posted by Zullock Holmes View Post
                      Say what you want about the video. But that car may just be the absolute coolest and most badass mustang anyone's ever built. 800+ horses of naturally aspirated, high revving roushyates magic, fed to all 4 wheels. Nuts. I can't even imagine the amount of work and fabrication that went into the front end, let alone the rest of the car.

That's a revolutionary car in the world of "customs" (for lack of a better word)
                      this is the point about the car i was attempting to make, not that its suck cause its major awesome.

Firstly, the car is sweet and I agree with zullo the customization had to have been labor intensive. Secondly, Ian to better get your point across I think it should be mentioned that while he is a very good driver he isnt an absolutely great driver. He doesn't win in rally and takes multiple takes to make these vids. Granted I'm not that good but other pro drifters and rally drivers undoubtedly have better skills just no corporate budget/media backing to put out these vids constantly. Remember that Ken block doesn't just slap dc/monster/hoonigan stickers all over the place. He owns dc and helped start hoonigan
                      for a change i agree with the old fart, save for the fact that he owns all those companies and hes the flagship human involved in all of it yet still makes the same damn thing over and over. different car, different scenery.
                      Last edited by 92xjlaredo; 11-18-2014, 02:52 PM.
                      -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                      https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
                      I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
                      -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                        That was sick. I was amped up until I read you peoples comments. You guys area fucking gay. I can't believe you actually took the time to type those bullshit comments. Can't drive a RWD? Seriously, go back to your metro and Scott decker enduced masterbation coma.

totally more of an Erik fan now. get with the times man

why don't you add some form of debate to the debate?

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
                        damn Ian you backed down far to easily in this debate. You have to stand your ground even long after you're proven to be mistaken. No matter how much evidence they have piled up against you, never give in. Even if you have to start slinging unrelated insults at them, This is the internet after all.
                        say what? i work from 7pm to 7 am and have to find time to sleep here and there? okay totally backed down i guess
                        -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                        -Ian

Comment

also im pretty sure that EVERYONE is watching this thread now....fucking join in, dont be a worthless lurker
                          -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                          -Ian

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjlaredo View Post
                            he built his own brand and is subsequently running it into the ground video by video.
                            If running your brand into the ground is getting 6 million views in 1 day, i need to get to work on fucking up my business...

he has created and maintained the number 1 viral automotive video franchise in the history of the internet for 7 iterations....
                            - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

other pro drifters and rally drivers undoubtedly have better skills just no corporate budget/media backing to put out these vids constantly.
                              sounds like they have a limited skillset
                              - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

If running your brand into the ground is getting 6 million views in 1 day, i need to get to work on fucking up my business...

he has created and maintained the number 1 viral automotive video franchise in the history of the internet for 7 iterations....
                                in a way reminds me of the Call of Duty game series; it will fall eventually. rather than a slow gradual rise to fame and fortune. it has exploded, the flame that burns twice as bright only lasts half as long.

then again maybe im too "underground" or too "hipster"
                                -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                                -Ian

Comment

Working...
                                X