Jeeps is Dumb, and Are You Too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeeps is Dumb, and Are You Too?

Haha, tricked you. I bet you thought this was gonna be Jeep related, WELL IT"S NOT. Get over it, we'll all come to be really great friends in the future.

What are some of the non-motorized projects you guys have going for the winter? For me, winter is an automotive dead zone. Too cold to work on cars in the snow, the woodstove in the PedShed is really just an excuse to be cold and get drunk, and snowboarding, while awesome, is generally more destructive than constructive.

What are you gonna be making while the cold steel of your vehicles lies dormant?
    dirty30

With the list my wife gives me during the non-winter months my plan is to actually wrench on my rig this winter. It's been sitting for a year, but I finished putting lights and outlets in the barn this summer so it has to be worked on before spring chores come up.

One thing she wants me to do this winter is to finish the upstairs to the barn. I've got stairs going up the backside of the barn to a 10x10 deck with a door upstairs and a 24x16 empty space up there.

Currently doing Fall chores. Blowing leaves, splitting wood and pruning trees where branches hang to close to the driveway or too close to the house.

Comment

Seems like every winter is when i blow my money on Guns.

Comment

Originally posted by rctrav View Post
        Any good guns you'd think about selling to buy more? My wife and I are planning to buy each other pistols for Christmas gifts. We keep meaning to get to the range to try different guns. I've shot several and qualified with a 45 when I was in the Marines, but she has very little experience.

Comment

Guns are the debul.

That said, when not attempting to assemble motors in the cold shop, I'll be turning one side of my room into a hand-tools only woodshop and building some more furniture
          dirty30

Comment

Prepping my 7.3 for a rebuild. Building my new rear end yada yada.

Non automotive sitting by the fire with my dog playing rigs of rods
            OER The bad judgment Olympics.

Lowlife 35x12.5s on 3 inches of lift.
            General Tires are

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra View Post
              Haha, tricked you. I bet you thought this was gonna be Jeep related, WELL IT"S NOT. Get over it, we'll all come to be really great friends in the future.
              Probably one of the funniest things I've read on here in a while. Made me laugh.

And hopefully snowboarding a bit. Only went once last year. Gotta grab a new board tho.
              "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
              It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

Preping my garage for winter work, upgrading my heater since I can't afford to not work on it when cold.

Other than that I have a bunch of gun shit I need to finish and sell off.

Comment

Originally posted by rctrav View Post
                  just in the winter? doing better than me

make fun of fred, get drunk, plow snow
                  1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                  2001 wj tbd
                  1974 5 ton

Comment

Building a cafe racer, a bobber, and hopefully finish my kid's Yerf dog Spiderbox.

Comment

No projects just hoping to do lots of adventuring this winter
                      I drive a Datsun

Comment

Working...
                      X