Would you do it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you do it?

Looking for a tow rig which would also become a DD, I've found this and am half committed to doing it. Looking for some insight, advice.

http://www.bargainnews.com/dealerpag...91896122&pid=2
    1984 2.8 V6 XJ 2 door, 3'' lift 33'' general grabbers, 4.56 gears and half dead #rebuild

2002 4.7 WJ stock with K&n intake-DD

It's a 3/4 ton Dodge with the Hemi.. It will pull well, be somewhat comfortable, and get horrible gas mileage.
    95 xj JY 3" 35" truxus mt's

Comment

I'm used to horrible gas mileage
      1984 2.8 V6 XJ 2 door, 3'' lift 33'' general grabbers, 4.56 gears and half dead #rebuild

Comment

That doesn't look like a bad double duty rig at all. My DD is a 2003 F250 4x4 with the 5.4. Tows pretty well, but does love the fuel going back and forth to work or when towing. That's why I try to ride the moped to work for a few months.

Comment

I say go for it. Sharp looking rig

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

looks sharp. and when your 2.8 blows up again you wont have to worry about calling AAA lol i say do it up!
            -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
            https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
            I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
            -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

Went and looked ask the important question how much for trade of my WJ, was told $1000 because there is like no demand for it(and it has some minor cosmetic issues), trying to figure whether I should pass and save $$ for something else or go the loan route...

Comment

You'll always get more for the WJ selling outright vs trading it in. You could get the loan and the truck and then sell the WJ for more than $1k

Comment

Just buy this instead. You can use it as a tow rig but you'll probably just sell the jeep and wheel the deuce instead.

Hudson

Build Thread - http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=121903

No Amount Of Money Is Worth Your Sanity.

Comment

^^^ wheel XJ break wheel that

Though seriously one of those would be awesome

Comment

Would you do it?

Ram 1500 Ecodiesel? If you're ok with a new car payment. 15mpg towing 7k and 28mpg unloaded. 3.0 Sprinter van motor. 75% sure one of these is going to replace my Cummins and Focus
                      97 XJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                        Ram 1500 Ecodiesel? If you're ok with a new car payment. 15mpg towing 7k and 28mpg unloaded. 3.0 Sprinter van motor. 75% sure one of these is going to replace my Cummins and Focus
                        my next truck right there!
                        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Working...
                        X