Whats your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your opinion?

There has been a lot of controversy about this ad since it first aired. Me? I think its great advertising and a strong confident message, frankly I think it is sweet and Neal McDonough was the perfect match for it.

Lots of the 'haters' seem to be foreign, or hippie do-good feel-good participation trophy losers that think its arrogant/ignorant/insensitive/generic offended buzzword. You dont buy an 80,000 dollar Cadillac if you're offended by success.

Whats your take?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGJSI48gkFc[/ame]
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

The Europeans are just pissed a car commercial called them out for being a bunch of lazy bastards during the month of August. It's true, I went to Italy in August and along the side of the major highways there was garbage lining the guard rails, it was almost like being in a third world country. Luckily the small towns weren't like that.

Anyway, it's a cool commercial, I saw it a few weeks ago, but I personally didn't think too much about it afterwards. Maybe because I wasn't offended in any way, nor do I have the ability to purchase that car. I'm glad it makes people butthurt though, especially the Europeans who, at any chance they get, completely trash America.

There is also a faction of ultra-liberal morons who have no concept of economics and instantly think anything that makes over $50,000 a year is the fucking anti-christ and if they don't give all their money away to charity they are heartless scumbags. These are also the people that went to college for 4 years, racked up insane amount of debt only to get a bullshit job and their only aspirations in life is to spread peace and love and whatever hippie bullshit they can think up.
    Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 03-29-2014, 12:55 AM.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
      These are also the people that went to college for 4 years, racked up insane amount of debt only to get a bullshit job and their only aspirations in life is to spread peace and love and whatever hippie bullshit they can think up.
      Or the ones that are too lazy to get a job so they sit around and just preach about how the world sucks and use it as an excuse to do nothing.

I never thought anything of the commercial, except that I was jealous of other countries work schedules.
      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

I would totally rather have a month off of work every year than waste 80k on that piece of shit.
        99 XJ 4.5" Long Arms & 32x11.5 KM2's

Comment

2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
          1945 Willys-Overland CJ2A

Comment

Originally posted by Daven View Post
            I would totally rather have a month off of work every year than waste 80k on that piece of shit.
            Go be a hater somewhere else.
            2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
            MK2 Jetta > M3
            Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

...i really dont think thats the point..

and you drive what?
              - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

I didnt think anything of the commercial either, I thought it was pretty cool. Yeah, it does come of a bit arrogant, but thats the point. Dude's driving a Cadillac in a sharp business suit.

Haters gonna hate though.
                Amherst or Bust!
                19 JL

Comment

I liked the commercial. Neal McDonough is a total badass and he made me go out and buy this car.

Comment

I don't need expensive cars to make me feel successful lol?

Sent from Pirate ship in the Dead Sea
                    99 XJ 4.5" Long Arms & 32x11.5 KM2's

Comment

I don't need expensive cars to make me feel successful lol?

Sent from Pirate ship in the Dead Sea
                      that doesnt even equate to what you said or what i asked
                      - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

I don't think that has anything to do with this

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

I think its awesome. It shows what it is supposed to be like to own a Cadillac. They are a luxury vehicle that so many people strive and work to own. I really enjoyed that commercial.
                          And on a side note that ELR looked pretty good
                          -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Sorry Cadillac but if my hard work ever pays off like that, it'll be an Italian car you'll see me in.
                            No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Lol I was utterly happy in a Geo Metro at one point in life. I still don't understand how this relates to anything at all with this thread......
                              -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                              https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
                              I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
                              -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

Working...
                              X